So I tried to download backgrounder and asked me to reboot, never came back, went ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Backgrounder issue

Advertisement

So I tried to download backgrounder and asked me to reboot, never came back, went right to the plug into itunes screen and stayed liked that. Actually shut off and when I would try and turn it back on it would go back to that screen.
    Happened twice. What did I do wrong?

Oh yea, I got the Iphone 3Gs
    Its definitely more entertaining so far

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    what os are you running? and what steps are you using to make backgrounder or your iphone work?
    how vain it is for me to sit down and write when alot of you yahoo's never stood up to live ps give thanks when ur helped if you dont ur the yahoo i talk about... sorta

I'm running 3.1.2. Blackrained it successfully. Installed Cydia, search Backgrounder in Cydia for 3.x only and installed. After I reboot and gets me to that screen I have to restore and do it all over again.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Odd, I"m running 3.1.2 and Backgrounder works fine for me. Version svn.r295-1

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    add your sources into rock run rock search backgrounder and try that
    how vain it is for me to sit down and write when alot of you yahoo's never stood up to live ps give thanks when ur helped if you dont ur the yahoo i talk about... sorta

Its because my Iphone has a new version of iboot. So its not a Backgrounder issue, its any time you have to reboot you'll get that screen. Only thing to do to get out of that screen is run blackrain.

Now another question. Backgrounder sends an app into the background while youre in the app and holding down the home button? For me, a voice control starts up. What do I need to do? Maybe disable voice control?

ocanyc - For me ANYTIME I hit the home button in an app, it runs in the background. Try changing the settings under "control" in the Backgrounder app.

Needed to reboot, and jailbreak again. Now i see it says it puts the app into the background. I may be confusing this with sbsettings I think, where I saw the apps scrolling sideways on youtube lol. I cant even find sbsetttings and I also installed that. 2nd day with the iphone, feel like such a newb lol.

mjh2104 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3210B928
    Apps scrolling sideways sounds like an app called ProSwitcher.To access SBSettings you swipe your finger accross the status bar at the top of the phones screen and it should slide down the menu.

correct, SBSettings is like a "task manager" on a PC, it let's you access toggles and kill processes, it's really a GREAT APP!! like mjh2104 said, just swipe your finger across the status bar and there'll be a drop down menu.

Yes, page scrolling is the ProSwitcher app.

Yes, it worked. Between backgrounder, sbsettings, and pro switcher I got enough on my plate to learn and I know there's so much more. Cool device, much better than the unlocked 1st gen I tried a couple years back. Thanks again
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

ocanyc - Yeah, the 3GS is just all around..BETTER!! Glad you got it working