Hello fellow pinstackers. I am trying to help my brother with his iphone. I'm currently ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

habika no está en línea Stack level 2

assisstance with blackra1n

Advertisement

Hello fellow pinstackers.
    I am trying to help my brother with his iphone. I'm currently a BB user so I'm not sure when it comes to the iphones.

My brother is looking to get blackra1n (or blacksn0w? Whichever is meant to unlock the apps. Like I said, not so sure with the iphones). So I'm looking to you pinstackers.

What I know about his phone is its 3g with V3.1.3 (or V3.13 not sure there is a difference?)

I read the thread that has the walkthrough, but from what I understand, its for 3gS with V3.0.1? So it won't work on his.

Is there anyway to do this on his phone? If so could you point me in the right direction!

Thank you in advanced

Hab <3

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Hi Hab,

The iPhone Pros will be along probably tomorrow. There's always talking about jailbreaking etc. I'm still on default OS for my iPhone.

three3peat no está en línea Stack level 3
    These are instructions on how to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone 3G and 3GS using BlackRa1n and BlackSn0w for Windows.

These instructions will work with the latest 3.1.2 firmware, the 05.11.07 baseband, and iPhones which require hactivation. If you have already jailbroken following these instructions to unlock will be easier.

For those with a new iPhone 3GS (updated Bootrom), BlackRa1n only supports a tethered jailbreak. This means that once jailbroken you should not let your battery die. If it does die you will need to reconnect it to the computer and use BlackRa1n to boot it.

Before continuing make sure you are on the 05.11.07 baseband by following this tutorial. If you are on 5.12.01 or higher, unfortunately you CANNOT jailbreak as of yet. If your baseband is lower than 05.11.07 then you must restore to the 3.1.2 firmware for the iPhone 3G or 3GS. You can do this by opening iTunes, selecting your iPhone from the list of devices on the left, then hold down the Shift key and click Restore.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Hi Hab,

The iPhone Pros will be along probably tomorrow. There's always talking about jailbreaking etc. I'm still on default OS for my iPhone.
    Hey Hayden, any ideas what the iPhone Pro will look like? is it a new phone or just new OS? I've seen pictures on the internet net one shows a "iPhone Pro" it with the ends sliding out for games, and another with a full sliding keyboard.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Thumbs up

Here's the thing. If your brother had this phone previously jailbroken and is now trying to revert back to 3.1.2 he needs to make sure he has shsh files on the saurik server aka cydia. If he doesn't know for sure if it was ever jailbroken then he needs to go to www.sinfuliphone.com they explain how to revert to 3.1.2. It's real easy to revert if one has the shsh file on cydia. Given he opted for "make my life easier" when prompted after installing cydia. If I were you I would definitely check that site because that's how I learned everything I know now about reverting my phone . Good luck.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?