Apple is now shipping the iPhone 3GS with a new Bootrom that is not vulnerable ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Apple Blocks Jailbreak in New iPhone 3GS Units!

Advertisement

Apple is now shipping the iPhone 3GS with a new Bootrom that is not vulnerable to the 24kpwn exploit.

The iBoot-359.3.2 started to ship last week. A screenshot posted by Mathieulh shows the new version number.

MuscleNerd from the iPhone Dev-Team has confirmed that the loss of the 24kpwn exploit would mean a normal jailbreak would be impossible for the time being.

oh oh, from what @cpich3g + @Mathieulh have found so far, a normal untethered JB may be in jeopardy in brand new 3GS units

For the time being we would suggest locating old stock or refurbished units. Hopefully, the dev teams will be able to find another exploit for the new bootrom.

via iClarified
    Last edited by srl7741; 10-14-2009 at 12:21 PM.

zoscomm no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just give them a little while. They're more than likely to find a workaround....it's just a matter of time.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well, hopefully Dev Team and or Geohot will be on it. I read this article yesterday. Apple......why don't they just admit to being the smartphone communist that they really are and maybe it would be a little easier to swallow Iphone is a beautiful product being dictated by morons.....Apple Castro....sorry for venting lol

zoscomm no está en línea Stack level 1
    Don't apologize. They are super-restrictive. That's one of the things I appreciate about Android. The open nature of the devices and development.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Wooooot!!!!?????:cry: Nawt good awt awll.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    How do you find out what bootrom you have?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    "To find out what boot ROM version you have on your Iphone, first you need to take the iphone and flip it over and thrust it down onto a fence post. From there peel of the broke glass so you can see past the screen and there should be a little white sticker that says the ROM version you have" lol jk
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    That's not very nice. Your in a time out for 2 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    "To find out what boot ROM version you have on your Iphone, first you need to take the iphone and flip it over and thrust it down onto a fence post. From there peel of the broke glass so you can see past the screen and there should be a little white sticker that says the ROM version you have" lol jk
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    if your jailbroken you can download fuzzyband itll show you which version you have.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Crap! So now I guess I will have to wait to get my iPhone. Or does this apply to the blackra1n jailbreak that was just released?

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    It applies to any 3G(S) iPhone shipped as early as last week.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    GRRR..They'll probably be gone by the time I get to the store for Christmas shopping.