Everytime I open it I get an error that says "Error Database- Encountered a section ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Anyone having issues with Cydia today?

Advertisement

Everytime I open it I get an error that says "Error Database- Encountered a section with no Package: header." After I click ok it loads the Cydia Home Page, but now all my packages and sources are blank along with the sections area (the only folder is the "all packages" but its empty).

I tried a reboot as well as reinstalled Cydia and it still hasn't fixed the issue. Does this sound like an issue with my phone or an issue with Cydia?
    Last edited by cjeezy; 11-23-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Hmmm. Researched this a bit and followed the following steps below. My packages/sources are back, but now I get "unable to load" errors on the Cydia homescreen. I then downloaded something and the loader screen said it was downloading mobile substrate and Winterboard first.

/private/var/lib/apt/lists

delete everything except the folder "partial" (You can move them to a folder in your PC/MAC just in case)

Restart Cydia and no more warning this time! Go to Changes and press Refresh and all the changes should be there again!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    No problems here!

Well crap lol. After reading online, I might have to do a restore and re-jailbreak. Will I have to repay for any apps I've purchased though Cydia?

Why would you have to restore?? That don't make sense....I thought you said you were all good now?

And, I don't think you'd have to pay twice, there should be a licensing thing with purchased apps no?

Cydia is definitely not working right for me man. Some things are back but not everything. No pages load without errors, my sources are back, but all my apps are gone from the packages page again. I'm gonna wait awile to see if the errors go away and I before restore (hopefully that will be the last step). Might be on Cydia's end
    Last edited by cjeezy; 11-23-2009 at 04:46 PM.

cjeezy - Well, normally when it's on Cydia's end, the errors occur for everyone, or at least that's what seems logical LOL. You might be having MORE problems because of that work around you did (/private/var/lib/apt/lists), you might be working a little too hard again man, normally when I have errors (I've had a few in the past), I just remove the sources that are giving me errors, I'll wait a day or two then I'll re-add them, and all seems to go smoothly after that.

Yeah who knows. I kept getting an error for a source I didnt even have. Maybe I'm working too hard I do have a tendancy to do that at times! Anways, paired with the other issues I had the other day, I just restored/re jailbroke and relaoaded the apps. Didn't take too long so I'm good again.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts
    Neo, You are the BEST! That worked.. Thank you so much.. Debi

Quote Originally Posted by neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts
    Hi Neo,

What does this mean? I get this message when I go into cydia. Calm tiger says he doesn't know. Maybe you can shed some light on it? Thanks

I have removed and installed Cydia again, but that didn't work. I don't have hackthatiphone installed, but I get that message after I installed repo.beyouriphone.com in order to get install0us.
    sorry it took so long to reply been really busy lately. Anyways it's real ez to fix, download ifile then do this:

1) Navigate to the /etc/apt/ folder.
    2) Edit the cydia.list file with a text editor and remove the entry related to the problematic source.
    really easy fix
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

I'll have to try that next time (hopefully there isnt a next time though). I'm all good now.
    Last edited by cjeezy; 11-23-2009 at 10:25 PM.