Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I can't find it ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

I can't find it
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Ok I'll bite? What can't u find?

I still have not had any problems using 3.0 & redsn0w. Cydia runs fine so far and unlocking it was easy to do. I did not use any custom 3.0 file. I started fresh tho.
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-28-2009 at 04:05 PM.

but my fone keeps losing the service every lil while. i reinstall ultrasnow but still no good

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hahaha
    I spoke to soon. Just got home and turned on my phone and it's bricked!
    Hahahahahahahaa..

Whoops?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Looks like there might be a delay on Jail Breaking the new 3GS.

From the Dev-Team post:

We can jailbreak the 3GS right now. But making our jailbreak public at this point in time would benefit relatively few people. It would in fact be detrimental to many more people than it would help. So we feel it’s best to keep our version of the jailbreak out of Apple’s sights for the time being.

Details:

If you already have a 3GS phone and have already done a full USB dump or captured your img3’s signed with your ECID, then you’re in great shape. You will always be able to jailbreak. But many people who plan on getting a 3GS do not yet have one. For instance, many people are waiting for their existing contracts to mature to the point where they get a price break on the 3GS. Many people are trying to sell their 3G before they can buy the 3GS. There are parts of the globe where you can’t even buy a 3GS yet! The reasons are varied, but they are many.

Instructions on how to do this can be found here: Windows, Mac

The nature of the 3GS hardware allows Apple to stop IPSWs from being usable unless you’ve already gotten the signed chunks they send to you based on your ECID (a unique chip ID). You cannot get these signed chunks without knowing your ECID, and you don’t know your ECID until you’ve bought your 3GS.

The jailbreak requires at least one signed iBoot-family img3 for your device. And that iBoot needs to have an exploitable bug. It’s an all-or-nothing deal…you either have your signed exploitable iBoot ready to use, for now and forever — always jailbreakable — or you have nothing.

Here’s the critical point, the reason why we’re delaying our version of the jailbreak: Once the jailbreak is out, Apple will fix the iBoot-family bug we use to accomplish it. They will simply stop signing the old iBoots and only sign the fixed ones. If you bought your phone after Apple has done this, there’s nothing you can do…the jailbreak isn’t going to work for you.

It is possible that Apple will find the bug we use without our handing it to them on a silver platter (via a public jailbreak). In that case, we will have delayed our jailbreak for “nothing”. But we’d rather be safe than sorry!

Apple is surely coming out with a 3.0.1 firmware release shortly. They need to fix ultrasn0w. They need to fix some UI issues. 3.0 is buggy and 3.0.1 is coming. We’re going to wait and see what 3.0.1 brings before figuring out the release date for our version of the jailbreak.

In the meantime, we have some remaining 3.0 jailbreak issues to investigate, including push notification. Thanks for being patient with us while we took a 3GS “timeout”!

Lmao you see!!! At this time from all I know redsn0w kinda sucks. We need a better jailbreak

PIN/ID
    Retired
    A Jailbreak is out for the 3GS but I caution everyone to do your homework first before attempting. Be certain you know what your doing and most of all BACKUP your phone first.

Link to download the files for both Mac or Windows.

While I have not use it on my 3GS yet I have been reading that ultrasn0w still works and will unlock the phone.

Also see: http://forums.pinstack.com/f238/purplera1n_3gs_jailbreak_for_mac_windows-110425/
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-05-2009 at 11:41 PM.

But who release the jailbreak? The dev team or geohot? Cuz from all I know the dev team didn't wanted to release it.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    geohot released this one.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's really sad that there was never a Pwnage tool created to jailbreak 3.0 (iPhone-3G) seeing how redsn0w was a joke. Nothing has worked (at least for me) not the custom file or redsn0w........frustrated right now.
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 07-05-2009 at 11:48 PM.

I wonder if he's gonna release a jailbreak for the 3.1 cuz after all he don't like to make this things public

PIN/ID
    Retired
    redsn0w and Ultrasn0w for the Mac has never given me any issues. Does it still cause problems if you start fresh with a fresh OS install?

I jailbroke with redsnow and unlock with ultrasnow with the iTunes 3.0 upgrade and so far I don't have no more problems

I'm using windows vista

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345