Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

did you let the phone activate before jailbreaking? if you dont activate the phone you ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid

Advertisement

did you let the phone activate before jailbreaking? if you dont activate the phone you wont get any signal or carrier regardless of jailbreak and unlock.

I found this out the hard way with my ATT sim.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    no i didnt how do i do that?

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812
    I hope redsn0w is better than yellowsn0w
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    connect to itunes using an att sim or hacktivate it using pwnageTool.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

I did it allready but I'm still having alot of problems with cydia and I allready rejailbreak my iPhone like 10 times what you think is wrong with my phone?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Try this video and see if it helps? It walks you thru the unlock.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I just jailbroke my 3.0. I have to say it's going to take a while to enhale cydia and some of the terms. But, the jailbreak on 3.0 is done and easier than I thought it would be. I used redsn0w by the way

ok i got a BIG problem with my phone. i jailbroke it and unlock but everytime i turn it off or it reboot it freezes in the apple logo, it just wont get to the main screen, so what i do after that happens, i restore the iphone in itunes, after all the proces is done i run redsn0w and rejailbreak my iphone. i'd been watching alot of tutorial videos i do it just like they say so, but it still wont work, so if it reboot or i gotta turn it of it will freeze and i gotta do all the process again, i allready did it like 10 times, does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

So tomorrow should be the big day for the iPhone jailbreak release right. The quickpwn 3.0 jailbreak. Do you think is gonna be better than redsnow? Or can I rejailbreak my iPhone using the quickpwn?

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by evo1725 View Post
    So tomorrow should be the big day for the iPhone jailbreak release right. The quickpwn 3.0 jailbreak. Do you think is gonna be better than redsnow? Or can I rejailbreak my iPhone using the quickpwn?
    There's nothing quickpwn will do that redsn0w doesn't already do. This is the official word on the status:
    Jailbreakers: I know a lot of you here are waiting on a QuickPwn 3.0 download for the iPhone OS 3.0 firmware, but unfortunately Dev Team has decided to retire the QuickPwn program. QuickPwn.com is working on making it and plans to have the QuickPwn 3.0 jailbreak released by Friday this week (possibly earlier, but we don’t want to get your hopes up). If you’re using iTunes 8.2, the current QuickPwn will not work on it but we are working on fixing this in QuickPwn 3.0. If anyone has experience creating jailbreaking/unlocking software and would like to help with the QuickPwn 3.0 jailbreak please e-mail webmaster[@]quickpwn.com.
    So basically quickpwn is no longer made by the same people (dev-team) so you shouldn't expect quickpwn to be the best jailbreaker out there or even work right at all. I'm curious why you need quickpwn at all since redsn0w has been out for almost a week now and jailbreaks 3.0 beautifully.

Well I though it was gonna be a difference netwen redsnow and quickpwn. But if is the same like you say I don't even know myself why am I still waiting for the release of quickpwn. Lmao I feel stupid now!!!

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    The only quickpwn has done in the past that redsn0w doesn't do is that it used to allow you to change the boot screen too (normally apple logo). But that can be modded in other ways anyway, and I'm not sure if that'll remain a feature in the new release.

Were you able to get everything on your phone working right again?

You know what I keep losing my service it comes and goes every second I have no idea why it just started like two hours ago

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I haven't had that problem. I finally got my jailbreak working the way that it's supposed to. But, I had to start off with a modified version of 3.0. I'm even taking advantage of this software that automatically refreshes my wifi connection every couple of minutes.

How did you got the version?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast