Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The wait is finally over! The Chronic Dev Team has released an updated version of ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

4.2.1 Jailbreak Released by Greenpois0n

Advertisement

The wait is finally over!

The Chronic Dev Team has released an updated version of its Greenpois0n, which allows users to jailbreak their devices untethered AND without the need for stored shsh files 4.2b.
    This means that users can restart their devices without needing redsn0w and a computer nearby to return to their jailbreak (no offense to redsn0w, as a matter of fact, thanks for providing a temporary solution to our problems!!!)

If you do not know the difference between a tethered and an untethered jailbreak, click HERE

When the Greenpoison first released the new software, their site immediately went offline. Not too sure why but it is currently back up. I've waited a few days to read the reviews of others and so far, the reviews are positive! (fingers crossed and knocking on wood).

As always, back up your devices before you try this jailbreak. Also, users are warned that if they rely on their device being unlocked, do not try this at this point in time because the Chronic Dev team isn't quite sure yet if the unlock will remain that way (I'll provide more information once I know with some certainty).

USERS ARE ALSO WARNED to read the instructions on how to jailbreak their devices in order to avoid bricking their phones. For instructions, proceed HERE

Last but not least, sorry to all the PC users! This software is only available for Mac users right now. Hopefully they provide a solution for the PC users soon. Get the Mac Greenpois0n software HERE UPDATE --> The jailbreak is now officially launched for PC users and can be downloaded at the same site as the Mac download

***PinStack does not assume any responsibility for the loss of information on any device (and neither do I!). Although other users have had success with this software, it is possible that results may vary. Use this jailbreak software with CAUTION***
    Last edited by smooth10; 02-06-2011 at 01:53 AM.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Thank's for the information smooth, stacker read and move forward wisely and with caution

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Good advice C. I'm going to wait until a tried and tested version is out for a little while before I JB mine.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Thanks C!

Just a mini update, I finally got around to jailbreaking my iPad and iPhone 4. So far they work perfect without crashing on 4.2.1. I am currently trying to "stress" the devices by adding different themes/tweaks and doing some quick multitasking. No crashes yet.

The only thing I've noticed is that SBRotator is not working. It puts the device into safe mode. Not a necessary tweak but nonetheless, a flaw.

FYI for those who don't know, SBRotator is a tweak that allows you to turn your device 90, 180, and 270 degrees and the landscape will change with the rotation.

I'll keep reporting as I find out more

PIN/ID
    nada
    Smooth, did you do the upgrade on a Mac or Windows PC?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I upgraded via a Mac. I'm still searching for the PC version of this jailbreak but it's no where to be seen.

MakeItMine also is not working for me on this jailbreak

PIN/ID
    nada
    Yeah I read the regular PC upgrade (Windows) would be coming next. It will take them a little while to get the bugs out I guess.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    nada
    Whoa, check THIS out!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Whoa, check THIS out!
    WOW! Good find!!! I'm sure many more people will be taking advantage of the jailbreak now

PIN/ID
    nada
    Im going to, but Im going to wait, still a few bugs being reported.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'll jailbreak my coworkers' itouch 4 and report issues if I find some within a couple of days. I gotta get his device tomorrow and guinea pig it. He's been bugging me about the jailbreak eversince his dumbass updgraded to 4.2.1. I told him this'll be the last time I'll jailbreak his device.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    nada
    LMBO @ Raton!!!! That's FUNNY bro. OK, I'll wait till I hear from you. I've been reading quite a few bugs on the windows based jailbreak, by next weekend they'll have all the kinks worked out.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    nada
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well I couldn't wait. Just jailbroke my new I4. Went off without a hitch. I'm stoked.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Nice! Did you jailbreak via PC?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Yeah I read the regular PC upgrade (Windows) would be coming next. It will take them a little while to get the bugs out I guess.
    Don't forget to add these sources to your phone, bro.

http://repo.insanelyi.com/
    http://www.sinfuliphonerepo.com/
    http://cydia.hackulo.us/
    http://cydia.xsellize.com/
    http://biteyourapple.com/repo/
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast