Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Geohot has an unlock for the 3.1.2 firmware. http://www.technonix.com/2009/10/bla...-1-2-firmware/... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3

3.1.2 Unlock is Officially Out (Blacksn0w)

Advertisement

Geohot has an unlock for the 3.1.2 firmware.
    http://www.technonix.com/2009/10/bla...-1-2-firmware/
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 11-04-2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: edited title

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    unlock is out!!! add in cydia as repo, blackra1n.com

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Now Unlocked So easy
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Go here for easy directions on Jailbreaking and Unlocking 3.1.2

http://www.technonix.com/2009/11/unl...-or-blacksnow/

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Man this is the easiest jailbreak and unlock i've ever done!

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by bmay82 View Post
    Man this is the easiest jailbreak and unlock i've ever done!
    x2

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ok I just switched over from BB to iPhone.

Can someone explain to me what does it do for me? (Jailbreak)

And will I be able to still get updates from iTunes and install new OS as they continue to come in? Can I still back up phone? Alot of questions!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess, whats the good and whats the bad, from doing this? REMEMBER IM A NEWB TO IPHONE.

iLord is DEAD!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    sooner - Jailbreaking is AWESOME! It basically cracks/hacks/jailbreaks the iPhone's operating system so that you can run 3rd party apps, and you can theme the heck out of the phone, from sounds to battery images to adding widgets, it's dope!

As for the OS updates, you will NOT be able to upgrade without 'losing' the Jailbreak, if you update the OS, your iPhone will be 'un-jailbroken', you would have to re-jailbreak it everytime/anytime you update the OS. This really is the only downside to Jailbreaking, but it's not really that hard. For instance, right now the newest most current firmware (3.1.2) CAN be Jailbroken, but if that OS were to be updated, you would have to wait for a Jailbreaking tool to be released to Jailbreak that new firmware, which isn't bad because the tool is usually out within a week of the OS release.

Other than that, Jailbreaking is very cool, it DOES void your warranty however if you were to return it (for some issues) with the iPhone still Jailbroken, that wouldn't be a smart move LOL, they'd send you right out of there without hesistating, but, you can easily restore the phone to it's factory settings before returning it, unless of course you are unable to restore or fix the iPhone yourself, this is NOT very common though, it's VERY hard to 'brick' or ruin the iPhone, you would've had to have done something very foolish LOL. Not easy to do.

If you're down to Jailbreak your iPhone (it takes minutes to do), just PM me and I'll help you out.....let me know

three3peat no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have an issue , just wanna see if anyone else has this problem .

My Iphone is jbroken with BlackRain/BlackSnow after 3.1.2 update and I have no problems with it . I just got my son a 16 gig Iphone for his Birthday and it was 3.1.2 OTB . I applied BlackRain and all went fine until the reboot (went into DFU Mode). The only way for it to work is tethered.

Did I read wrong or was BlackRain for all including 3.1.2 OTB and only the Itouch3 was tethered.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    newest 3gs have a new bootloader that only is tethered compatible at the moment
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Well I have to say I am curious, however the phone is a couple of days old and I am skeerd. And I have Windows Vista XP. as for themes I don't care for themes, only build them.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

sooner - if you're a little worried about the process, then just wait until it's a little easier, won't be long, the "Jailbreak" isn't going anywhere

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    sooner - if you're a little worried about the process, then just wait until it's a little easier, won't be long, the "Jailbreak" isn't going anywhere

Thanks Bro I really do appreciate your concerns for me. I have a buddie who has a JB one and perhaps I talk w him about it, not that you are not convincing or that your not helpful, its just easier face to face versus the comunication back and forth on the PC. You understand. Chances are by this time next week I will be broke If I could Id give ya more Trust. So far you have been a tremendous help. Thanks

iLord is DEAD!

Oh no I understand, yeah talk to your buddy and get their opinion..that'll really help you with your decision, good idea, and you can also get hands on Just let us know if you need any help
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

Reshadat no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi all,
    I'm Reshadat and I'm the owner and writer at technoNix.com. Thanks to all the members for giving the link to my site.

To sooner:
    I think beeshabo already explained very well about the jailbraking process. It is indeed very easy to unlock and jailbreak your iPhone. And it is very hard to brick your iPhone- I've done mistakes too and I know that most of them are reversible. Jailbreaking allows your iPhone to do things which you cannot do before: Example MMS on iPhone 2G, tethering in iPhone 2G, Full Bluetooth functionality (sharing pictures, music, PAN etc) , Extending your camera to 4 megapixels and much more stuff. Thats because you get additional application repositories (Cydia and Rock) which you can use besides appstore. And these new repositories are not moderated like appstore. So jailbreaking extends your iPhone to new levels and helps you make most of your iPhone.

Ah and yes...its uber cool and nerdy to jailbreak your iPhone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast