Guys I've "obtained" a 1st Gen iPhone and would like guidance on how to if ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

markcheatle no está en línea Stack level 2

1st Gen Downgrade

I've "obtained" a 1st Gen iPhone and would like guidance on how to if possible JB the phone

Currently on 3.1.3 and old bootrom

Not backed up with Saurik as far as I'm aware

Is it possible to do so ? If so what are the best tools

Cheers in advance

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I followed the steps outlined on this site here. My first gen iPhone is not running 3.1.3. I'm only using 3.1.0 I think?

On that site make sure to choose the correct iPhone and computer b/c it makes a difference.

As a side note: Apple will no longer be supporting the first generation iPhone and 3.1.3 will be the last update. So this means you should not have to worry about updating or re-jail breaking it again.

That can be good or bad depending on how u look at it i guess.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    you dont have to worry about being backed up on a 2g or 3g only 3gs.

simply find a ipsw file for 3.1.3 and get sn0wbreeze ( ) run it and shift+click restore that custom ipsw to your iphone.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.