As you may know, the new Fender LE and new mytouch's with the 1.2 OS ... Android Apps & Downloads forum

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional

[Theme/Rom for Fender LE Mt3g/MyTouch 1.2 ONLY]

Advertisement

As you may know, the new Fender LE and new mytouch's with the 1.2 OS hasn't really had a custom rom built for it, as we are still waiting for the kernel source code to be released. So until then, if you have rooted your new Fender ( I have, so if you have questions on how to root your new mytouch or Fender, email me at ccriffman@gmail.com) we are limited to the "stock" rom. So here is the stock rom with busybox, Superuser and wifi tethering added. I then took it, and themed it to look more original. And seeing as I am an oldtime axe player, added some neat walls. Enjoy

Download the rom/theme here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    That looks awesome
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    That looks really good. So let me see if I understand whats goin on here? You now have themes going for the mytouch, but in order to get those themes you first need to DL a dif ROM for the device?

Just currious.

iLord is DEAD!

That is correct. The MyTouch that has been out for the last year and a half has had custom roms available for almost as long, as the roms that worked on the G1 work on them. The new Mytouch 1.2, identified as having the 3.5 mm audio jack on the top, as does the Fender LE, that came out first, is yet to be fitted with any custom roms, as the source code is still un-available. Bear in mind that the device has to be rooted. The unlockr.com has instructions for rooting both, but the newest one is a quite involved process comparatively.
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    - riffman

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks for the info. My daughter has the Fender Edition, and im very sure she will be interested in this bit of info. Looks like I have another project coming ahead :-)
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    good work Chris
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Thanks Glenn- How are things? I have been a bit out of reach while learning Linux/Android, but am definitely back, so to speak. Themeing/building roms for android is like night and day compared to BlackBerry- Chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    - riffman

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Very good. Been missing you here on the Stacks.

exene no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21d984e7
    Wow, this is a really sick theme. Super sleek!! Very nice work. Is it harder to make themes for Android?
    My hubby got the Fender Edition and I'm not really familiar with the OS so I am trying to read/learn about it every chance I get.

Yes- I used to do BB themes ( there are probably quite a few still here) but doing themes for androids is COMPLETELY different, as it is based in Linux. No themebuilder, or any other "tools" for that matter. One has to open up the systems "apk's" which are exotic zip files, and focus on the "drawables", avoiding changes to the ".9png's" and being careful with any mods to the xml files. Took me about 6 months before I was willing to actually put one of my themes out there. Oh- and one last thing- after doing all your work and re-packaging the apk's, one must digitally sign everything or it won't install- Chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    - riffman

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Freaking awesome.

exene no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21d984e7
    Quote Originally Posted by riffman View Post
    Yes- I used to do BB themes ( there are probably quite a few still here) but doing themes for androids is COMPLETELY different, as it is based in Linux. No themebuilder, or any other "tools" for that matter. One has to open up the systems "apk's" which are exotic zip files, and focus on the "drawables", avoiding changes to the ".9png's" and being careful with any mods to the xml files. Took me about 6 months before I was willing to actually put one of my themes out there. Oh- and one last thing- after doing all your work and re-packaging the apk's, one must digitally sign everything or it won't install- Chris
    Oh damn! Looks like I wont be dabbling in that, lol. I occasionally made themes for the bb, android themes are way outta my league. judging from this theme though anything you do will be awesome.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC79) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

kbeezie no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a rooted Fender, and when I try this rom versus the one I got at xda (and yes I did wipe before trying it), I just get a endless loop after the second boot loader (goes to black screen after second boot loader) basically 'adb logcat' does large batches of procedures over and over again:

perhaps you can find a pattern in this log output (mainly copied what I could off the end)

hxxp://paste.pocoo.org/show/182706/

in the mean time I'm restoring my nandroid backup.

I found that some users have to flash the "original" Stock Rom that cursordroid did here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=623141 and then flashing one of my fender roms Here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=638545 or here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=635385 Several people have done this and said everything is awesome afterwards, yet nobody can say why this is necessary. I have flashed both my roms (obviously) But without wiping since flashing cursordroids original, Which basically mimics what some have said.= Chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    - riffman

cmarti no está en línea Stack level 1
    Let me get see if I understand correctly, If I put this on my rooted fender I will have wifi tethering?