Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By PapaMag
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 1 Post By srl7741
  • 1 Post By chokem
  • 2 Post By BHP77

I have found a site that will let me build iPhone themes, and for a ... iPhone Apps & Downloads forum

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

The HideOut - Need Some FeedBack

Advertisement

I have found a site that will let me build iPhone themes, and for a change of pace I custom made the icons and used my HideOut theme. I have no idea if this works or how it works, because as you know I don't have a iPhone. I downloaded the zip file but not sure what to do with it.
    Here is the Zip

Any ideas?
    Last edited by PapaMag; 03-02-2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: adding zip file
    jfcooley likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wow cool C! I imagine this needs the proper extension to load on an iPhone but I couldn't tell you what that is or how to go about it.

Can you find any info on the web on how to prepare themes for installation on an iPhone?

Here's one I've found: http://free-download-themes.com/how-to-install-theme-on-iphone

I
    'll keep looking around.
    PapaMag likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Thanks Roger, I read through it quickly but it sounds like I just need to add the zip file, and then find a tester to see if it works. It's compatible with ipod4 iPhone4, and iPhone4S is what is says.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Well you got me to test, bro, among others.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Added the zip file with the folder containing everything I hope, thanks to all who give this a try I'm excited to know it this works

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Try this Link it's for a Winders machine Link <--iPhone Theme creator. Get to know the file system of a complete theme and look over where everything is. Photoshop is your best new friend or your graphic editor of choice. Understanding where all the files are and how they are all related will help more than anything.

File names and upper/lower case is very important and everything must be exactly named or tend to have issues.
    PapaMag likes this.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Looks good C! I might suggest using as many custom icons as possible, not just for the native apps. For instance Pandora, Facebook, address book, weather, Google, Cydia, winterboard, etc. You're off to a great start!
    PapaMag likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

I'll have to wait 'til later. Can't seem to connect to anything using my work's wireless.

Thanks, C!

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Thanks Glenn I missed Pandora, Google, and Facebook got the rest. I can go back and edit which is a good factor.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Well, I tried using that iDesigner Steve posted above, but it didn't work. Again, I'll probably have to try from my home network tonight.

Craig, let me know if you have any luck with it.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    To install themes using just the iPhone. You need iFile. Click the zip file, it'll start a blank page in safari, once it's finished downloading you'll have the option in the top right to "open in iFile" click that. iFile will then give you a menu, you what unarchiver. Once that's finished you'll see the zip file and the unarchived file(the one with the folder next to it). Click edit(top right) select the unarchived file. bottom right is a icon that looks like a clipboard, click that, click copy. Navigate back to var/stash/Themes. Once here, edit again, clipboard icon again. Paste. Done. Go to Winterboard and enable the theme.

it's way off, the wallpaper is looking at the left corner of the room, the icons have a shadow aroound them and they are not retina. It takes time to learn a new trade. no worries. Hope that helps everyone.
    PapaMag and RogerG like this.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Thank you for the feedback I was just playing with icons in photoshop last night they were designed with the shadow, guess I'll go find some real ones lol. The Wallpaper is sized right according to the system I'm using but hey that's why I need a iPhone. Simulators suck in general

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

karanchananamart no está en línea Stack level 1

The HideOut - Need Some FeedBack

there are many company make theme and download good themes there.
    Karan-Chanana K