hey im jus buying my iphone havent got it yet but all this talk bout ... iPhone Apps & Downloads forum

diesel003 no está en línea Stack level 1

Need help on following questions on iphone

Advertisement

hey im jus buying my iphone havent got it yet but all this talk bout jailbreaking soo when i get it,the appstore is the only place i can get apps from right, not off other website or what not ? and ringtones can i add my own ringtones or dl them without jailbreaking? or do i have to jailbreak and get a program to add ringtones ?? and if i get apps from the appstore then jailbreak will i lose the apps from the appstore ??? and if i jail break dl a bunch of apps and ringtones or whatever and what to restore it back will all the apps and ringtones still be on the iphone, and can u only change themes and wallpapers haveing its jailbroken ???? and if i jailbreak can nethin go wrong with my iphone like can it get zapped n never work again or will it b fine please anser questions please or leave comment or tips thanks srry its so long

also if i jailbreak can i have unlimited apps ??

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    You don't have to jailbreak for any of the things you mentioned you want. All you need is itunes loaded on your PC or MAC, for eventual syncs and copying music/ringtones, etc; and an itunes account, so that you can download apps directly to phone or via PC/MAC
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ok well whats the point of jailbreaking jus to get 3rd party apps n themes n that stuff???

and if i do jail break my new i phone can it zap it or make it not work or will it be fine and if its jailbroken can i still dl apps from the app store

Abercrombie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me//
    if you want to be able to change the theme of your phone, and download 3rd party apps, then jailbreak, if those arent high concerns on your list then dont jailbreak. There is a risk of jailbreaking it, you can brick it, so do some research and learn before you decide to do it. check out this link http://sleepers.net/2008/09/06/why-jailbreak-iphone/ Btw when you restore your iphone its resetting it back to factory default so your actually un-jailbreaking it in the process. You will lose everything you downloaded 3rd party but if you back it up you'll be able to save your settings, email accounts, etc.
    Sprint Curve red♥ & AT&T Bold
    Javelin/Curve 8900
    soon to be Mrs.George

twitter

ok how do u back it up and if i jalbreak it is there ne rlly reason to back it up or un jail break it and can u use ur appstore apps and 3rd party apps too ??

also dont see the part of of bricking the phone , so if i do get appstore apps n 3rd party apps n back it up i can use all the apps still ???

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    wow amazing how many people don't know the possibilities when jailbreaking...

visit my website and check out the iphone stuff page and it will show you a few things you can do by jailbreaking. if everyone knew what was available they wouldn't always be knocking the jailbreak.

You will thank me later!
    *click my username and then choose visit homepage
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

almedajohnson no está en línea Stack level 2
    can anyone help me to know how can I jailbreak an application?