Getting Rid of Bad Cydia Sources for Jailbreak iPhone OK... So we all have done ... iPhone Apps & Downloads forum

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

Getting Rid of BAD Cydia Sources

Getting Rid of Bad Cydia Sources for Jailbreak iPhone

OK... So we all have done it..

Mistype a Cydia source or the user added source goes bad. There can be numerous reasons. You edit the the cydia.list in

/ private/ etc/ apt/ sources.list.d/
    using iFile, but every time you add another source, you get the invalid sources you previously entered to come back.. risen from the dead. You'll see an error such as:

Error: Refreshing Data
    GPG error: **Link Here**
    Release: The following signatures were invalid: NO DATA 1 NO DATA 2

Failed to fetch
    **Link Here** packages.bvz2 Sub-process bzip2 returned an error code (2)

Some index files failed to download, they have been ingored, or old ones used instead.
    Well, there is a fix. After a great deal of searching, I found some other locations where these sources are hidden. But, it is not as easy to fix as I thought.

First, you must edit the the cydia.list in

/ private/ etc/ apt/ sources.list.d/
    using iFile, deleting all references to the bad source. Save and exit.

Second, go to

/ private/ var/ lib/ cydia
    delete out your bad url in the metadata.plist file.

However, you cannot edit a .plist file extension via iFile on your jailbroken iPhone. So the plot thickens. Basically you have to transfer the metadata.plist file to your computer and edit it using a .plist editor.

To edit the metadata.plist you must first connect your iPhone to your computer via ssh. To connect using ssh, look here:

This will allow you to copy the metadata.plist file to your computer.

In addition to connecting your iPhone to your computer using ssh, you will need a program to edit the .plist file on your computer - notepad will not do it.

For PC, I used pledit:

For Mac, you can use Text Wangler:

Once you copy the metadata.plist file to your computer, make a backup of the file by changing the extension to .bak and then copy the file again to your computer... Just in case things go wrong, you have a backup you can reload back into your iPhone.

Now, once you have the metadata.plist onto your computer, open it up with your plist editor.

Using Edit>Find... type the address of the bad link in (it may have to be just a unique word) ... I found all my bad addresses at the very end of the file. For example, I had to delete:

<key>deb:</key> <dict> <key>Distribution</key> <string>./</string> <key>Type</key> <string>deb</string> <key>URI</key> <string></string> </dict>
    due to a mistype.

Once I had the metadata.plist file without the bad sources, I moved the file back into my iPhone using my existing ssh connection through, in my case, winSCP... But if you are on a mac, it would be Cyberduck.

Of cource, you want to replace the old one with the new, noting you should have a backup if indeed things go wrong.

Once you have that file replaced, there are other locations you need to delete.

So, Third, in:

you should see files that have the name of the bad source. I used iFile (within my iPhone) to find and delete these files with the bad source. Of course, you can also use ssh, but I find swiping from left to right and deleting the file within iFile (using the iPhone's interface) satisfying.

The Fourth location is:

/ private/ var/ lib/ apt/ list/ partial
    delete out any files with the bad url in the name.

Now, you should be good. Respring the iPhone after disconnection from ssh.

iLord is DEAD!

almedajohnson no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have recently started using cydia. This guide is very helpful for me. thanks a lot for sharing this