Hello, I want to start making themes for the BlackBerry 8900. can anyone point me ... BlackBerry Apps & Downloads forum

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!

Help with Making themes

Advertisement

Hello, I want to start making themes for the BlackBerry 8900. can anyone point me in the right direction on what program everyone is using? Thanks.

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Theme Studio 5.0 is the latest program. You can get it from blackberry.com. Depending on how advanced you want to get, you will probably need a good image editing program like photoshop, or gimp. Once you get theme studio just play around with it. Make as many themes. As you can, just to get the feel for the program. Don't be discouraged if the first few themes you build don't turn out that great, its a lot of trial and error. Look around the internet finding different backgrounds that you want to try out. When you get comfortable with how the program works, then look into finding new icons. That is where you will REALLY need a good program like photoshop, or gimp. Because there is a lot of resizing that usually has to be done.

If you have ANY questions at all, feel free to ask. But like I said, first just get Theme Studio 5.0 which is free, and just have fun with it. It's really not that hard to figure out. Have fun!

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Here is a link: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/themestudio/

Playing around is the best way to get to know how to make themes... there is some good stuff in the Help... and if you don't want to break the bank on a photo editor you might want to look at Paint Shop Pro, and I think there might be some free stuff out there, but I have not found one that I like yet.

hotbird67 no está en línea Stack level 1

8900 bb theme

looking for new texas longhorn theme, found 3 but my friends have them. no clue how to make them, not very good with that kind of thing. need help bad hope some one would make me one not on the internet.

For what model BB and os?

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    Awesome! i apprecate all the info I will play around and see what i come up with. i will post some themes up when i get the hang of things

You are welcome! As far as the image editing programs, gimp is free. And there are versions of photoshop that are priced comparable to paint shop pro. Me and my wife own a small photography business and bought photoshop elements 6.0 from best buy. It only cost $89 compared to over $700 for the professional CS4 version. But gimp is free and does most everything photoshop elements will do. But just to resize backgrounds, you can use windows paint. The the image quality may not be as clear but it works! As far as resizing icons, well that's a different story all together. And if you are on a fixed budget, like I am, not many free programs out there to "batch resize", so you have the time consuming task of resizing each icon 1 by 1. But there are some good sites out there where you can find all sorts of backgrounds and icons. My favorite is deviantArt.com. Anyway! Have fun and welcome to the wonderful world of theme building!