Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I logged in this afternoon and ever time I click on something on pinstack my ... Site Announcements & help forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

WHAT is pinstack trying to do to my computer??

Advertisement

I logged in this afternoon and ever time I click on something on pinstack my explorer pops up a thing telling me it has stopped pinstack from downloading file to my computer. What is pinstack trying to do here???

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you have pop up blocker on and your pm settings are set to show pop up when receiving new PM's I would bet that is all that is happening. Go into My Control Panel and check your settings. Also if you want PM pop ups leave the settings as they are and in explorer add Pinstack to the allow pop ups list.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    pinstack actually installs little wires into your brain. it is painless but could affect your sleep patterns and social life. PINSTACK MUST BE STOPPED!
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    pinstack actually installs little wires into your brain. it is painless but could affect your sleep patterns and social life. PINSTACK MUST BE STOPPED!
    shhh why would u let that out lol, just use firefox or oprea more safe then ie and also runs faster/better then ie also wont have that prob with them browsers

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I had trouble getting on PS for a couple of weeks. Come to find out it was my internet explorer browser. Papag turned me on to Mozilla Firefox browser, and now I have no problems, and its like 4 times faster.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You will be assimillated. Resistance is Futile.

Zo

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Yes...the force is strong....

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Guess I am stuck in the stone ages I tried Firefox and thought it sucked but that's been awhile back. Might have to try it again. I still say it is what I mentioned before.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Guess I am stuck in the stone ages I tried Firefox and thought it sucked but that's been awhile back. Might have to try it again. I still say it is what I mentioned before.
    yea ff did suck and have alot of probs in the day but they are getting on track with things now so lol best browser in my eyes

----------------
    Listening to: Jon Young - Head On Swoll (feat Down Bottom)

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Randy, try it again. Its FOUR times faster that Explorer. The page load time has drastically improved since I stared using it. Try it bro.

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    http://forums.pinstack.com/album.php...pictureid=2756

All things considered........i'd rather be a part of this collective than anywhere else. Where else will you find such a collection of crazies that are this sane????

I say beam me up!!!!
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

VIOLATOR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Randy, try it again. Its FOUR times faster that Explorer. The page load time has drastically improved since I stared using it. Try it bro.

FF also has a ton of the greatest add-ons that make your browser so much more functional.

David

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by briana1988 View Post
    shhh why would u let that out lol, just use firefox or oprea more safe then ie and also runs faster/better then ie also wont have that prob with them browsers
    Not so fast, Brian. I have used FF for years and have always been a fan but I have the problem with FF that, every time I reboot my laptop it RESETs the indicator in "tools>options>content" to "block pop-up windows" - I turn it off and it turns it back on. Haven't figured that one out yet.
    I agree, Cowboy, that you should try FireFox again. It's far superior to and faster than IE. As mentioned, it has "add ons," under "tools" - Example: Adblock Plus for blocking browser ads that is great - that you can use to tailor to suit you.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Not so fast, Brian. I have used FF for years and have always been a fan but I have the problem with FF that, every time I reboot my laptop it RESETs the indicator in "tools>options>content" to "block pop-up windows" - I turn it off and it turns it back on. Haven't figured that one out yet.

I agree, Cowboy, that you should try FireFox again. It's far superior to and faster than IE. As mentioned, it has "add ons," under "tools" - Example: Adblock Plus for blocking browser ads that is great - that you can use to tailor to suit you.

have u done the profile manager and started a new one?

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+Profiles

to see if that setting will lock in once that is done?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by briana1988 View Post
    have u done the profile manager and started a new one?

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+Profiles

to see if that setting will lock in once that is done?
    Nope, I'll give it a try. Thanks.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast