Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That's just the subscription page. You could resubscribe and then after entering your zip it ... Site Announcements & help forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

That's just the subscription page. You could resubscribe and then after entering your zip it will take you to a page with the option to cancel. Maybe Cat is right and your market forces it on but I wouldn't think there would be that much difference across Alltel. Also try this link from BB and tell me what u get. http://www.accuweather.com/blackberr...de=67439&int=0 change the zip from 67439 to yours.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

EDIT: Actually should work from PC also.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 03-28-2009 at 01:15 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    That's just the subscription page. You could resubscribe and then after entering your zip it will take you to a page with the option to cancel. Maybe Cat is right and your market forces it on but I wouldn't think there would be that much difference across Alltel. Also try this link from BB and tell me what u get. http://www.accuweather.com/blackberr...de=67439&int=0 change the zip from 67439 to yours.

EDIT: Actually should work from PC also.
    Tried the last suggestion (site address) 1st - changed to LR and canceled and got "there was a problem unsubscribing your account"

I have tried going to the service - can't find unsubcribe there either.

Just tried something new: went to "get web signal," "accept" terms, deleted my location, and LOOK WHAT I GOT!

SUCCESS! I can't believe I didn't find this before and I can't believe that it's SO different for the same device/carrier!

I"M THE HAPPIEST PS USER OF ALL TODAY! Thanks a million Cowboy for sticking with me and thanks for trying Cat and Banglaberry.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 03-28-2009 at 01:42 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Haha, glad you finally got it

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Haha, glad you finally got it
    Thanks, AZ. That was bizarre and I know people think you're crazy when they tell you EXACTLY how to do something and you try to explain to them that it's not the same.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Do you have a weather setup icon- maybe in the setup folder? If you have it, click it, accept push weather setup, next page will ask you to edit, delete, etc. Delete. That's it

Quote Originally Posted by banglaberry View Post
    Do you have a weather setup icon- maybe in the setup folder? If you have it, click it, accept push weather setup, next page will ask you to edit, delete, etc. Delete. That's it
    I got it. See "just tried something new" in post #17. Thanks again.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Glad you got it JB.

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    This "Weather Push" application

that (evidently) comes with all BB software is driving me nuts! HOW can I get rid of this permanently?

I've gone to the BB "home" site and looked for some way to unsubscribe to it without success. All there is below the image is "Get Web Signal" - it appears that I already have that.

I've connected to DM and unchecked it but it came back on reboot.

If you know how to do it, please post explicit steps for me - you'll be my hero!
    that app seems kind of cool...how does it differ from weathereye or weatherbug direct?

I have never even seen this app

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I have the same being pushed from Rogers. I just hide it. I managed to get rid of it one but it just reappeared the next time I pushed my service books.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    I have the same being pushed from Rogers. I just hide it. I managed to get rid of it one but it just reappeared the next time I pushed my service books.
    That's because you have to unsubscribe to get rid of it. I KNEW that but that was what I was having so much trouble doing. If go to "home" from that page and go to the site you should see an "unsubcribe," "cancel," or delete your location (which is what I had to do) and it should get rid of it for you.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    that app seems kind of cool...how does it differ from weathereye or weatherbug direct?

I have never even seen this app
    Well the hot new weather application is BerryWeather, or haven't you been reading the threads?

Get it now for 1/2 off!!

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Tell'em bout it RoGro! Best weather app out there, BerryWeather!

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    The weather section in Viigo works fine, and since I run Viigo 24/7 its always handy.

Quote Originally Posted by dgburns View Post
    The weather section in Viigo works fine, and since I run Viigo 24/7 its always handy.
    Agree Viigo's weather is a decent free weather ap and, for a snapshot only, the weather in (the free) World Mate works well too. Of course there's Weather Bug, Weather Eye and the push BB weather and they all have their good points...and some are free.

However, for an in-depth, on the spot weather report with automatic alerts, so many settings available to suit your particular viewing/update preferences PLUS the coming updates of radar, etc. the is THE weather application IMO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12