Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This "Weather Push" application that (evidently) comes with all BB software is driving me nuts! ... Site Announcements & help forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Trying to get rid of Push Weather

Advertisement

This "Weather Push" application

that (evidently) comes with all BB software is driving me nuts! HOW can I get rid of this permanently?

I've gone to the BB "home" site and looked for some way to unsubscribe to it without success. All there is below the image is "Get Web Signal" - it appears that I already have that.

I've connected to DM and unchecked it but it came back on reboot.

If you know how to do it, please post explicit steps for me - you'll be my hero!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    it must be coming from your carrier. if it is you might just have to hide the icon. i have never seen this app...
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Nope it's not a standard pushed app from Alltel.

Carrier is Alltel. It's the principal of the thing - I don't like to hide aps but I guess I could do that.

First I hide stuff and then forget about it and wonder where all my free space went. I'm more of a 'create a folder' person and combine icons when things get too crowded. Thanks Cat.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Carrier is Alltel. It's the principal of the thing - I don't like to hide aps but I guess I could do that.

First I hide stuff and then forget about it and wonder where all my free space went. I'm more of a 'create a folder' person and combine icons when things get too crowded. Thanks Cat.
    yeah...just make a new folder called "crap i can't delete"

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    There should be a link that says cancel, John. I just downloaded it and it's right on the home screen.

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    yeah...just make a new folder called "crap i can't delete"

PIN/ID
    wut?
    just curious...go to options>advanced>apps and see how big it is.is it just a launcher or an actual app?

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    ............I've gone to the BB "home" site and looked for some way to unsubscribe to it without success. All there is below the image is "Get Web Signal".............
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    There should be a link that says cancel, John. I just downloaded it and it's right on the home screen.
    Been there a thousand times, Cowboy. All I get it the "Get Web Signal" - nothing else. I don't get it!

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    go to browser, choose bookmarks from//menu, look for browser channels, you should see one browser icon with temperature and weather conditions. scroll to it, select 'delete channel' from menu. That should remove it from your device
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You have to do it from the weather site you posted a screen shot of not the BB "Home" site.. Click on home or other locations tab when the screen you posted is open and see if you find it there.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by banglaberry View Post
    go to browser, choose bookmarks from//menu, look for browser channels, you should see one browser icon with temperature and weather conditions. scroll to it, select 'delete channel' from menu. That should remove it from your device
    This will work to remove the shortcut but will it not come back if he doesn't unsubscribe?

You have to do it from the weather site you posted a screen shot of not the BB "Home" site.. Click on home or other locations tab when the screen you posted is open and see if you find it there.
    That's how I've been going to the home screen, Cowboy, and what I mentioned in tne OP is what I've found there. There's SUPPOSED to be an "unsubcribe" but it's NOT there. I'm totally baffled. I've been trying this off and on for weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by banglaberry View Post
    (see below - already tried that along with unchecking using DM._
    This will work to remove the shortcut but will it not come back if he doesn't unsubscribe?
    Yes it will!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That is weird then because it's right there on mine. This is on your 8330, correct? It should be exactly the same as mine. 8330,Alltel only difference is the region. Confusing!!

Here's what I'm seeing:

...and yes, it's my 8330 on Alltel just like yours - except not exactly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast