Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

well this morning i get some bs spam about a new site ... after searching ... Site Announcements & help forum

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

Thumbs down spam as a result of posting pin on pinstack

Advertisement

well this morning i get some bs spam about a new site ... after searching a few of the other recipients i found they ALL were from pinstack....
    since this is a problem I guess I wont be posting my pin any more.
    also the my space app seems to have released to primary address to my device to who ever , and i am now receiving spam to an address i have never used for any thing but personal e mails...I always use a spam dumpster for any site requiring an e mail address except for pin stack.
    so this site has problems...... and they need to do some thing to secure our info from a holes....

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    One of the big reasons I won't give out my pin. Sorry to hear about this heywood.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    One of the big reasons I won't give out my pin. Sorry to hear about this heywood.
    Exactly! Nobody has more spam than I have PLUS I've had identity theft twice and I'm probably more careful than 99+% of the population with my trash, recycle bin, credit cards and all sales receipts. I don't even throw ANYTHING away or recycle it with my name and address on it - never! With all that, I have never connected any of the spam that I get to Pinstack. And your PIN? There are bad people everywhere. Posting your PIN in the open is inviting trouble IMO.

With all respect, if you're having spam problems it's most likely your own doing.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    pm me
    well after searching the other peoples pins that were on the cc list i determined every one i searched was a member of pinstack .... so the pin was harvested from this site . I have fire walled it and it wont be an issue , just figured i would let others know some one here who is a registered member is pushing a black berry site like this one . I sent the douche bag a pin message letting him know what a low life they were and that they were now blocked . I got a delivery confirmation as well.. .
    I am not worried about identity theft as I do not use credit ... In fact I would be the last person to have my identity used .
    Its just in a one day period i get some lame spam after many years with zero issues ... so may be some one with an axe to grind is using the info to cause trouble . I get about 2 pins a year and use other means of comunication . so its not an issue to fire wall it like i do sms's
    as for my space mobile thats another story . the mobile app some how sent a message from my device and used an account i have kept private . this bothers me that the app is invasive and mines personal info from your device .
    so thats was another heads up ...BEWARE OF MOBILE MY SPACE
    as far as me doing any thing to bring spam upon my self , well thats why i have a g mail account that says spamdumpster. for those times you need to give up an e mail address for reg purposes.
    so its not "my own doing"
    the spam message related directly to my space !!!
    as i never use my yahoo account for any thing but e mails?Im to friends and family, just like my @sprint.blackberry.net address
    tho i never had an issue with that.
    prior to the pin spam I have never had issues . so some one from here has sent out the spam and its not any thing to do with my activity on some site.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    It's likely to happen again if you leave your PIN in your profile.

PIN/ID
    pm me
    options, security , fire wall , block pin messages.. that simple ... i how ever removed the pin too. thanks for looking out

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    yea that happend to me once i joined the site and had my pin up, learned the hard way to keep it private and only give it out to people i know and trust, as far as the myspace issue, yea that stinks

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HeywoodJ View Post
    options, security , fire wall , block pin messages.. that simple ... i how ever removed the pin too. thanks for looking out
    In my opinion, that kind of defeats the purpose of a Blackberry. It is one of the best, and main features of a Blackberry. Just my $.02.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i think PIN messages are a wonderful thing... if used correctly... i also learned very quickly that id prefer to hand out my pin to select people that id like to keep in touch with exclusively...

ofcourse i learned this on pinstack after i posted my pin in my profile... within days i had approx 100 ppl in my bbm and all kinds of messages were coming in...

i didnt complain about it because i quickly realized that this was my own doing...

as far as myspace... it hasnt done anything of the sort with me... i have 7 gmail accounts... one exclusively for pinstack and then one where all the others are forwarded to... (kinda like an all in one)... and id say i probably get clost to a thousand spam mails a day... love gmail for taking care of all of them...
    i see RED...

explorer125 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    208f1fc5
    I got the same spam for the new site. I really don't appreciate this and feel that the administarors should look into this.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer125 View Post
    I got the same spam for the new site. I really don't appreciate this and feel that the administarors should look into this.
    Explorer, you cant expect site admin to control who sends you pin messages after you advertise it...

i know its frustrating, but everyone will recommend for you to not post your pin on your profile unless you are willing to meet ALL kinds of people and receive communication that may not interest you... (this includes what you may consider spam, insults, negative remarks etc etc etc...)

(imho ofcourse)...
    i see RED...

explorer125 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    208f1fc5
    Tru but when iv never had a problem with this then all of a sudden I get some dumba** who sends out mutliple pin mesgs at 4 in the morning it gets annoying. I have no problem with talking to people but if u are joing sites just to STEAL pins from that sites members so u can snd out mass spam to recruit for ur site then I feel that is f-up'ed.
    Imho

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer125 View Post
    Tru but when iv never had a problem with this then all of a sudden I get some dumba** who sends out mutliple pin mesgs at 4 in the morning it gets annoying. I have no problem with talking to people but if u are joing sites just to STEAL pins from that sites members so u can snd out mass spam to recruit for ur site then I feel that is f-up'ed.
    Imho
    i understand... Im sure if you contact site mods re these pin spams, and if there are others that can second it, they will probably take action against the PS member that's responsible (for the spamming)...
    i see RED...

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    One must be careful with the pin it can end up on google real easy. Mine stays in my head and is only given out to a select few. I trust those will use caution when asked for my pin

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    HewoodJ: (so its not "my own doing"
    the spam message related directly to my space !!!)

1st. If one goes to a ANY website, it is their own doing.
    Especially social networking sites!
    PinStack does not control MySpace!

2nd. There's multiple posts here that warn/advise you about using your pin for everyone to see. Probably in the rules too. (haven't checked, but I will)
    Don't hand out the Keys to your house to everyone, expecting everyone to be honest and nice. If you hang your pin on the front door, expect that someone will rob you!

2nd.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast