Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there any way to use this or the search function to eliminate certain types ... Site Announcements & help forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

question regarding "today posts, new posts" function

Advertisement

Is there any way to use this or the search function to eliminate certain types of threads? Usually I'm looking for device/software related without having to jump from forum to forum. Lately the influx of "pin me" threads has gotten huge. Example this morning hitting "new posts" gave a first page almost entirely of those types of posts. I'm not against such posts in any way, so I'm wondering if there's a way to use search to weed those out?

If not I guess I can jump from forum to forum when that traffic gets heavy.
    Thanks for any options/replies.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by jfcooley; 04-04-2009 at 01:00 PM.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    You've been here much longer than me and likely have more experence with computer related things.But I do not believe you can sort the posts as your hoping(though I'm with you on your prefferences about tech posts).I believe they would need to make a seperate social forum new post function to solve our delema.Just my poor excuse for an opinion.

Wouldn't be so bad if the same user wouldn't hit every PIN post he/she can find posting the exact same message in each. I realize that Pearson isn't aware that it bumps all those posts in the "new posts" search, but its aggravating.
    One person bumped 18 of the 25 posts on the first page of the search when I made this.

Makes the "new posts" search more of a hassle than a convince.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Wouldn't be so bad if the same user wouldn't hit every PIN post he/she can find posting the exact same message in each. I realize that Pearson isn't aware that it bumps all those posts in the "new posts" search, but its aggravating.
    One person bumped 18 of the 25 posts on the first page of the search when I made this.

Makes the "new posts" search more of a hassle than a convince.
    also against forum rules
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Didn't realize that was considered spamming. doh, should have reported.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Keep It Organized
    Please help us to keep the site organized by taking the extra minute to make sure you are posting in the correct place: for example, smartphone discussions and support in the appropriate forums. Remember, PinStack Blogs are industry blogs; NOT personal blogs and not for support questions.

Do not post threads with generic subjects such as "HELP ME" or "PROBLEM". Clearly state a phrase describing the problem as the thread's title. Do not flood or double post the forums by posting the same question more than once (ie in multiple forums). Do not hijack threads by posting your question in another member's support thread.

What Will Happen: The offending post or thread will be moved or renamed and exact duplicates deleted.
    First offense: Member will be warned via user infraction system. Warning will be documented.
    Second offense: 2 point infraction will remain on user's record for 1 month.

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Ya. I think I remember something being said in the rules about trying to increase your post number by posting carbon copies on multiple threads being a trust offence.But I could be wrong.I do believe its a no no though.

Lol, gotcha.
    My problem was I didn't think it through. While same message, was within context of every thread it was posted in. Try to be somewhat tolerant, and didn't want to bust someone wrongly. Figured there may be a way to search tech relevant threads and solve the issue.

Thanks Cat.

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Ya but if it's not a question but a pin welcome,would it still be considered an infraction of that rule?

I suppose so, and I guess that's Cats point.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by bill16 View Post
    Ya but if it's not a question but a pin welcome,would it still be considered an infraction of that rule?
    good question and i'm not sure of the answer. i do believe multiple copy/paste posts are not really wanted but all in all it's a minor offense and not a big deal unless someone continues to abuse it. a lot of new members are not aware of all the rules.

Maybe a mod will clarify.

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Thanks yall for the feedback.It's mainly a curiosity for me,since I not a big socializer and have no idea how to use a pin for messages.I've talked more on this site(mostly bb related mind)than I have in real life in the past year at the least.So no need for anyone to go out of their way for me in this.Thanks again for the helpful kindness.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well the social networking area is a bit different since there are so many similar threads. We do have users that come on once in a while and hit up all the threads trying to connect with as many potential friends as possible.

Thanks az. Didn't want to rock the boat, was just frustrating when something like that happens. Was hoping there was a way I could weed them out on my end. Oh well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast