Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Normally I don't have an opinion one way or another but thought I would make ... Site Announcements & help forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

PS page layout

Advertisement

Normally I don't have an opinion one way or another but thought I would make this post to generate opinions.
    I noticed today the layout changed just a bit. If it all possible I think it would be great to have the option to fill these nice new wide screens many of us are getting these days.
    When I view PS 1/2 the screen is empty and the content is aligned in the center. On the right & left sides of my screen I have a gray empty area.

A narrow layout or wide layout option would be neat.
    Last edited by srl7741; 09-08-2009 at 10:34 PM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    This can now be accessed at the bottom of the Edit Options page:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Select "Default Wide"

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Thanks for the info Hayden, I'm mobile most of the time but from time to time I use that thing named pc...
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hahaha, Now I just looked there before making my post. I swear it was not an option.

I feel bad now

PIN/ID
    ask
    This can now be accessed
    No don't. I just added it. Thakns

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Haha that was funny. Yea a wider layout would be very nice. There PinStack goes getting better and better.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    Last edited by Jaricanese; 09-08-2009 at 08:37 PM.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Is there anyway to get the sidebar stuff(meet the editors, online contacts, etc.) back to the right side ?? Liked having all the latest news and articles on the left.
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    Is there anyway to get the sidebar stuff(meet the editors, online contacts, etc.) back to the right side ?? Liked having all the latest news and articles on the left.
    you are refering to one page correct? The index: www.pinstack.com

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    you are refering to one page correct? The index: www.pinstack.com
    Yes, the homepage layout changed, and now the that side bar is located on the left, and articles are located on the right. Anyway to change it back to way it was?
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

PIN/ID
    Retired
    The Mobile Browser does not show any of
    the side menus and keeps the main page
    content clean and easy to read.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hmmm? I seem to have mixed emotions on the new style home page. Wide screen is best in the forum but bad on the main page. It's lopsided and just odd? However when I switch back to the default page view (narrow, centered) the main page looks better and does not bother me. On the other hand the forums pages are less desirable b/c i'm not using most of my screen.

Hahaha, seems I have a 50/50 split.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I don't have a preference either way. Just takes a little getting used to when new changes come.

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I just want the side bar back to the right side and the left side the articles when viewing from PC. That's my only issue with it.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    Yes, the homepage layout changed, and now the that side bar is located on the left, and articles are located on the right. Anyway to change it back to way it was?
    its different ... i think its for lefties

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Hmmm? I seem to have mixed emotions on the new style home page. Wide screen is best in the forum but bad on the main page. It's lopsided and just odd? However when I switch back to the default page view (narrow, centered) the main page looks better and does not bother me. On the other hand the forums pages are less desirable b/c i'm not using most of my screen.

Hahaha, seems I have a 50/50 split.
    ya, i agree there is wasted space on my huge monitor on my PC, but on the macbook 13" it looks good

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I liked the side panel better to the right - I don't know if it takes up more space than it did before or not but it seems too wide to me too. It's like 1/3 of the display is taken up but it and that's too much IMO, especially since I have an empty inch of space in both the right and left margins. Maybe it that display used more of the available display space....
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast