I have waited to report this problem until I could do enough testing to provide ... Site Announcements & help forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

PM Malfunction when sending from BlackBerry

Advertisement

I have waited to report this problem until I could do enough testing to provide a very accurate report of the problem.

When I receive a PM:

1) If I choose to repond to that PM from my computer everything works properly.

2) If I choose to respond to that PM from my BlackBerry I get one of two results.
    2a) Approx 35% of the time the PM is sent properly
    2b) Approx 65% of the time the PM is not sent.

Just last night I received and responded to a PM via BlackBerry. After sending the PM, I went to my sent box and the message did not appear as sent. I logged out of PinStack, then back in and checked my sent box again. nothing. Upon arriving at the office this morning I checked it from my computer. nothing.
    I then composed a second response to the PM, and sent it successfully from my computer.

So there you have a very accurate description of what I am experiencing. Furthermore of great importance is to know that I have been having this experience for approx 4 months and only now reported it as I do not recieve a lot of PM's.

Thank You
    Archer6

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Archer I thought the same thing back in May when I discovered PM replies from my BB not showing up in sent messages. I replied to a PM, expected a reply back fairly quickly and never got it, checked my PM sent list via BB and my reply wasn't there. I replied to the guy like 5 times via BB thinking it wasn't working........

Turns out that replies sent via the device are not saved but are still sent. That's how it's set up. So I always now make sure to reply via computer if I want to be able to keep the sent message. Here's the link to my thread from when I thought something was wrong.

Hope that helps
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I've noticed this problem too. I thought it was a glitch and let it go because I don't reply to PM's very often via BB. Thanks for setting the record straight Az.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Archer I thought the same thing back in May when I discovered PM replies from my BB not showing up in sent messages.
    Thanks azstar!

I feel so much better as I thought that perhaps my BlackBerry / PinStack addiction was affecting me in a more serious way than previously thought...

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Thanks azstar!

I feel so much better as I thought that perhaps my BlackBerry / PinStack addiction was affecting me in a more serious way than previously thought...
    You MUST be careful about that, L. you have a bad case of it...and we're real glad you do but we don't want it to get the better of you! Keep you the good work!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    PMs sent from the Blackberry (Wap Site) have never been put in the Sent Messages. The best workaround is to remember to include yourself in the TO: field when sending or responding to PMs using the Blackberry.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Yep, no saved sent messages from BB. Never have been.

You must have sent out a lot of duplicate PM's from BB because of this Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    ............. The best workaround is to remember to include yourself in the TO: field when sending or responding to PMs using the Blackberry.

Rcbjr.
    There you go! Good one Rich and what could be simpler.