Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I turned off the norton 360 program on both vista and xp, still same thing. ... Site Announcements & help forum

wjbyrd36567 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I turned off the norton 360 program on both vista and xp, still same thing. Maybe it will work itself out.
    Last edited by wjbyrd36567; 02-07-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: should have said turned off not of just wanted to be clear

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm having the same issue on IE myself using Windows XP. I have to hit the back button twice to get back to the New Posts page. This is ONLY because I can't reload Firefox on my PC. Don't know what's up with that.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Using 32 bit Vista with window live one care. It may have updated itself, I'm not sure but I had this problem before and after a week or so it went away. But that was on a differant computer not running vista. Just wonder why it happens on this site only. I knew they have been changing thinks around here but just don't know that much about computers to figure it out on my own. Sorry I started this in the wrong place, never noticed this topic before. My bad and I will take my blackberry away from me for 5 min's for punishment.

BeamMeUp no está en línea Stack level 2
    Same thing is happening with me. I'm running Vista Home Premium and I have to hit the back button twice to go back one page. I cannot verify that it happens at other forums though. It's not a big problem now that I know others are experiencing it as well.

I did notice the Microsoft update that occurred at about the same time the problem started.
    Curve 8330 & Storm 9530

Telephone, n. An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance.

-Ambrose Bierce

It bugs me enought I don't want to log on here as much as I did. I have several times today hoping somebody will be able to help. Maybe allot of the users are like me and never looked in this area. Maybe somebody will come along with the answer

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    I know it's a complete new browser but have you tried Firefox. I have been using it for about 4 years now and wont go back to IE unless i have to. You could always uninstall it if you don't like it. No problems With Pinstack.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/?from=getfirefox

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    We will look into this IE issue. Thanks for reporting all.

Thanks Hayden. I have used firefox before just not on this new laptop yet. Might have to load it up because I miss getting on here.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Bmanley, although I've had a few issues with the newer versions of FF I still use it and have for years. It seems quite a bit faster than IE and has better features IMO. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Like I said I've used it before and just downloaded it again. So far it seems to be working for pinstack. Which is good because I hated not getting on here several times a day. I sit here all day with nothing to do but watch tv and surf so it's nice for this site to work right for me. Need to figure out how to make themes since I have all this time.
    Still hope to find out what the problem is because if it's not just a pinstack site problem I might have it in other places.

Since you've got the time and you're using it a lot, maybe you can try some things, keep good notes and hopefully determine some things re: where your problem are and with what browser, etc. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Anybody got a fix so I can use IE yet? Mozilla works but it runs slow for some reason.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    It sounds like a sofware issue for sure, but you have tried most of the options available. It may be vista-still has too many bugs for me-will stick with XP!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Well I ws at a friends the other day and got on pinstack with their computer. Same problem as here and it was an older machine running XP. So I don't think it's a Vista problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    Well I ws at a friends the other day and got on pinstack with their computer. Same problem as here and it was an older machine running XP. So I don't think it's a Vista problem.
    "same problem as here" being that you had the back button problem (were you using IE?) or you had slow response time using FF?

I don't know about Vista but on XP I can almost guarantee that FF is faster than IE under 'normal' conditions. I've proven it over and over on my 2 laptops.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast