Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How did you fare with Irene?... Site Announcements & help forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

How did you fare with Irene?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Oh, we had a lovely time, she and I.

Hardly even rained where I am and just a little wind. Coastal areas, however, is another story. NC is one of the most prepared states for this sort of thing, so recovery should be quick. I have friends with houses along the coast. Guess they'll find out this weekend if they had any damage, etc.

Glad to hear you made it. Was same for us.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I finally (I just realized I joined nearly 3 years ago) get to give a little back to the stacks. I've always enjoyed this site and its users. I hardly post anywhere else because those sites lack the maturity one finds here. No offense to any kids out there, but not everyone knows everything. I even saw a flame on xda insinuating that because someone had a low post count, they were stupid. Apparently one perk of posting a lot on xda is that you gain arrogance
    I agree with Jay 100% on this. The number of times I have seen perfectly reasonable questions/comments which for some reason the people that consider themselves to be "experts" feel it is necessary to answer with insults. This ends up with the person not wanting to post again, not good. I know a lot of posts I have made over the time I have been on Pinstack would have prompted flaming on other sites, which is probably why I was initially slow to start expecting some flames . Pinstack has professionals on here that are more than willing to help no matter what the problem, they do their best, and if it is a silly question they explain in a nice way, it is a brilliant site with friendly people.

On a slightly different note although it is related I am very concerned with the fact that people are happy to be abusive in e-mails, SMS, post to web sites, social networking etc., when they would not be on a face to face basis, while technology has bought some great changes to this world, it has also had a very bad influence on peoples social networking skills. For that reason we must keep Pinstack as a shining light for others to try to reach!

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    I remember just over a year ago when I got my first BB, I was online looking for help for something I only knew a little about. What I don't exactly recall at the moment, but the forum I stumbled upon at the time seemed like a good place to ask. That was my first mistake as I am the type of person that can see BS a mile away through a fog storm. So when I had someone answer my question with a "best guess" and a know-it-all attitude, I more or less called him out on it. I mean, if all I wanted was a "best guess" I could do that myself.

Needless to say it turned into world war III because god forbid I wanted to know something for a "fact". Of course in the process of trying to get a correct answer I more or less made the person look like a complete idiot. Or I should say he did it on his own while I just pointed it out. I do admit I got a bit rude with him at one point as I was tired of the snarky comments, however, I did ask that those posts be removed so as to not expose others to the insults that were being exchanged due to my quest to find an answer (as per my request they were removed).

In the end I find out this person was also a moderator on the site so he not only got my email from the administrator (which I didn't find out until long after) and started sending me "hate mail", but he also followed me to other forums as well since I do use the same username everywhere. So I was being harassed via email, forums etc. I went back to the forum and contacted the webmaster concerning the issue since that is where the problem started. I could NOT believe it when I received an email response back from him telling me to "pull up my panties" with a few other choice words. I was furious to say the least, but considering whom it came from, there wasn't jack I could do about it.

That's when I switched to CB, which in all honesty has the same know-it-all's, but at least I wasn't treated like crap for asking a question or calling someone out for supplying the wrong information. But now pretty much the only thing I use CB for is their wallpapers and for posting my themes lol! Everything else I come here for because I feel like I'm actually surrounded by like minded people, who just want to help and not make someone feel stupid or alienated in the process.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

That's the reputation that kept me here as well, JB and what made PinStack the place to be for most people.

Unfortunately we lost a lot of people when we became a "smartphone" community instead of just a BlackBerry community, but I feel like we're starting to come back as "the place to be" as people are realizing we are what we've always been (as you said earlier), a group of like-minded, friendly people, who really want to help others and make them feel welcome.

By the way, you look good in platinum, Jay!

Matches my eyes...

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Check out JF! Woot woot!!!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12