Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I wanted to upgrade my account, and I see its PayPal only. There's no ... Site Announcements & help forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

paypal only?

Advertisement

So I wanted to upgrade my account, and I see its PayPal only. There's no other way? I really don't trust PayPal, so if there's another way please let me know.

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    You can do like I did and just be active in the forums. If you have tips to share, knowledge that you can share to help others, etc.

I believe then as people add to your reputation, you earn points which moves you to different levels. At least that is my understanding.

But my account has everything a premium account has, the only difference is I don't have the premium seal at the top of my posts as you see on those who paid to upgrade ;-)

If you don't want to do it that way, I think paypal is fine. I've been using them for YEARS and have never once had a problem with any accounts whatsoever. They're honestly the only banking type website that I do trust.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Yeah, I know, and thanks.
    I wanted the premium 2 years ago, actually won 2 months free, just wanted to give a bit back. After all, they did pay for my tab :-)

Seal, eh.....but the colored name, just so jealous

Yeah I didn't even know my account was the same as premium until I asked. One of many DUH moments I tend to have LOL!

But like I said, I've never had any problems with PayPal and I've been using them probably since right around the time they started LOL! (sheesh that makes me feel old)
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

My wife had a very bad experience as did a close friend. Sadly I take both to heart.

Oh well, I'll live.

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    My wife had a very bad experience as did a close friend. Sadly I take both to heart.

Oh well, I'll live.
    The only thing I could suggest is contact admin in private and see if they can work something out with you.

I know I have a donation button on my website for instance, which is through PayPal, but those who use it don't need a paypal account as it takes all major credit cards. I don't know how it works exactly, but I've had people use the button a couple of times, and I know you don't need to actually sign up with them. If you want to see what I am talking about you can click the image in my sig which will navigate you to my website and the donation button is on the left.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Premium is a way to give back to this great site. The seal is a status symbol as is the avatar sizing and such. The only bad experience I have had with PayPal is when I had their Card. Someone in Oregon somehow used it, I had only used it once locally. The guy in Oregon actually was using it for his cell service. They cleared the account canceled the card and I was not held accountable.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Premium is a way to give back to this great site. The seal is a status symbol as is the avatar sizing and such. The only bad experience I have had with PayPal is when I had their Card. Someone in Oregon somehow used it, I had only used it once locally. The guy in Oregon actually was using it for his cell service. They cleared the account canceled the card and I was not held accountable.
    I've tried twice to get the debit card from them and each time was denied because information wasn't provided ahead of time. First time they needed verification of my identity. Second time they stated I needed an account in good standing and their definition of good standing was to have $500 in payments sent/received. Both times I wasn't informed of this information until I received the letter denying my application, which also stated I would have to wait another 30-days to re-apply (not in my case because I threw a hissy fit lol). But that has been the only issue I've had and hopefully I will reach their $500 goal at the end of next month because waiting for money to transfer from my PayPal account to my bank is just frustrating.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Java made me think. I thought I had to have PayPal. She made me realize it just goes through PayPal.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Java made me think. I thought I had to have PayPal. She made me realize it just goes through PayPal.

:-)
    I like to make people think, it saves me the trouble LOL! ;-)

I'm not sure if that's how it works with ordering the membership, but I image its the same.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Sounds like you are doing well with your premium themes JB. I haven't sold one in a month and have pretty much gave up on the whole thing. Specially when you can put in your signature that if you want one of my premiums just ask and there is no response. I gave away one out of twenty five during the birthday bash. Apparently my work speaks for itself

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Sounds like you are doing well with your premium themes JB. I haven't sold one in a month and have pretty much gave up on the whole thing. Specially when you can put in your signature that if you want one of my premiums just ask and there is no response. I gave away one out of twenty five during the birthday bash. Apparently my work speaks for itself
    Yeah I'm doing OK I guess.

Mobihand owes me about $150 as of right now, but that's earnings since mid May because their payout schedule sucks. Haven't had anything on there sell in at least a week But I've heard a lot of people complaining that sales on MH are dropping like crazy for some reason.

I finally started getting payments from App World last month, but I think I did about $50 for June and almost $90 for July (not including carrier billing). Should be a bit more for August because I added around 15 more themes to what I already had. So I don't know if that's good or not, but every little bit helps, and lord knows I appreciate it :-)
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am in here a bit late, just thought I could give a recommendation for Paypal is to use their extra security dongle which means that when you log in it asks for another number which you get from the dongle (changes all the time), second line of security. I have been using them since it started out (helps me transfer money which sadly banks in the US seem to have problems with (why for the life of me can you not transfer funds between two different banks online I have no idea, it is easy in the UK). So Paypal is the extra step and saves money. Glad that you have got round it.

I also dislike the way the companies make money on people by holding payments for an extra couple of weeks, and earning the interest, it might not seem a lot for the individual, but when it is done for everyone then it mounts up, (free money to them, but hurts the individual).
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Added security or not, I won't risk it. Can't afford any issues with accounts.
    Besides, wife finally ok'd premium, if she says no to creating a paypal, then I listen.

Either way I was confused. We don't buy a lot online, so my expirience paying through PayPal is limited. Just didn't realize that I didn't need a PayPal account to pay. All's well now though.

I finally (I just realized I joined nearly 3 years ago) get to give a little back to the stacks. I've always enjoyed this site and its users. I hardly post anywhere else because those sites lack the maturity one finds here. No offense to any kids out there, but not everyone knows everything. I even saw a flame on xda insinuating that because someone had a low post count, they were stupid. Apparently one perk of posting a lot on xda is that you gain arrogance.

I could live without the perks of premium, but to me its just a matter of showing support. Pinstack contains alot of maturity, knowledge, humor, and comfortable posting. Well worth the $30.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, we appreciate the support, Jay, and to the rest of you Premium users as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast