Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You asked for it and now we are happy to announce full PayPal support for ... Site Announcements & help forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

PayPal now supported for Premium PinStack upgrade.

Advertisement

You asked for it and now we are happy to announce full PayPal support for processing payments for PinStack's Premium membership.

Accounts are instantly upgraded upon Paypal payment.

For those who were waiting for full PayPal support, go to:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/payments.php

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Thanks, that makes it easy! Im getting ready to extend mine!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Nice. Another convenience in the Pinstack community.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    nada
    That was easy-thanks!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Hayden-always up to something new!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    You all know i deleted my account after getting ripped off by pay pal .
    I am not the only person pay pal has taken from. They make misleading claim's to rook people into thinking they are safe and then gank them!!
    THEY STATE YOU ARE PROTECTED come time to collect on their word you get an excuse and an apology and nothing else ...
    I am still out money and so are thousands of other people
    do some research on pay pal and law suite , fraud or any other key words along those lines and you could read for months ..
    but thanks for the opportunity to have an easy way to lose my money ... er i mean pay membership dues

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by HeywoodJ View Post
    You all know i deleted my account after getting ripped off by pay pal .
    I am not the only person pay pal has taken from. They make misleading claim's to rook people into thinking they are safe and then gank them!!
    THEY STATE YOU ARE PROTECTED come time to collect on their word you get an excuse and an apology and nothing else ...
    I am still out money and so are thousands of other people
    do some research on pay pal and law suite , fraud or any other key words along those lines and you could read for months ..
    but thanks for the opportunity to have an easy way to lose my money ... er i mean pay membership dues
    Sorry to hear you have such issues with Paypal, Haywoodj. I have used it for a few years for Ebay, Bill payment, and other things and have never had an issue.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    due I used them for several years as a buyer , like your self i payed for things bought on ebay and never had a problem .... I heard many things about it and never gave it thought , that is till i got burned , another member of these forums just posted the other day about getting burned by some unlocking deal ....you would think pay pal would have ate the loss and gave the person his 50 bucks as a way of keeping good relations. they did not .. the only reason that pay pal even has a customer service number is due to recent federal regs concerning electronic fund tansfers. read the pages of fine print . you wave all rights and your bound by their decision. in my case i get nada.they are not a finacial institution and not governed as such . would you give your credit card info to some shmoe who claimed to be a payment processing company with out knowing your protected ..in the bold print YOUR PROTECTED the fine print says your out of luck .Its a confidence scheme . first they get you comforable then the stick it too ya..google it up "pay pal rip offs" theres pages upon pages of info for the taking. youve been around and you have seen it here ... the dude with the berry he bought and never recieved, the unlock scam . there are too many scams out there and ebay owns one of the biggest. post a poll on the subject here on the stacks asking for horror stories and see how many have a negitive story to share about pay pal . i understand its a rare occaision it happens but it DOES happen. according to pay pals terms of use you have to wait up to six months for a review and by that time your bank or card issuer cant help .. its all planed that way . keep enought people happy to cover for the frauds .and its out right theft to take peoples cash representing theres protection that does not exist ...the only one protected is pay pal . they get theirs and we get screwed..
    If i tell enough people it may change things just like the stolen device thread i started,several people got involved ...the item was pulled from ebay..
    this forum is to share knoledge and experiance and i am sharing mine others have shared too..
    I believe in treating ALL people fairly not just most of them as I am sure you are the same way

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    I had an issue with Paypal too. Actually, I didn't lose anything. Bought an app for my Palm Tungsten, dowloaded and registered it. The payment went through. Then, I got a call from my bank saying my card has been compromised, and a new card was issued. I never went back to Paypal and never will. Is there any other way we can pay with our cards safely for the premium?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by banglaberry View Post
    I had an issue with Paypal too. Actually, I didn't lose anything. Bought an app for my Palm Tungsten, dowloaded and registered it. The payment went through. Then, I got a call from my bank saying my card has been compromised, and a new card was issued. I never went back to Paypal and never will. Is there any other way we can pay with our cards safely for the premium?
    I think many who have dealt with Paypal have had at least one bad experience that they related to Paypal. I think Paypal is basically a good company but there are SO MANY possibilities for fraud, etc. surrounding the site and that's where most of the trouble comes from.

Several years ago I set up my bank account on Paypal (required) so that people could send payments to me. That same year I was the victum of two instances of idenity theft. Coincidence? Maybe. Is my bank account still set up on Paypal? Nope!

...but I still use PP to make a payment occasionally.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Is there any option for paying with credit card directly, instead of going through PayPal? Would love to upgrade but don't want to use PayPal. Closed my pp account due to serious problem about a year back
    Last edited by banglaberry; 05-09-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Is there any option for paying with credit card directly, instead of going through PayPal? Would love to upgrade but don't want to use PayPal. Closed my pp account due to serious problem about a year back
    It appears as though Paypal is the only way right now, Bangla. I understand you hesitance to use Paypal. As you can see from my previous post, I have limited my use to only occasionally paying via Paypal.

I have decided that that is as safe as paying for something on the internet with a credit card which I also occasionally do. There may be additional options in the future. We'll have to wait for Hayden to give us that information when it's available.

One suggestion: You could always get a credit card with a small credit line, use ONLY that card for Paypal and just keep it in a desk drawer. I have a card like that that I only use on the internet. I hope that helps.

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    It appears as though Paypal is the only way right now, Bangla. I understand you hesitance to use Paypal. As you can see from my previous post, I have limited my use to only occasionally paying via Paypal.

I have decided that that is as safe as paying for something on the internet with a credit card which I also occasionally do. There may be additional options in the future. We'll have to wait for Hayden to give us that information when it's available.

One suggestion: You could always get a credit card with a small credit line, use ONLY that card for Paypal and just keep it in a desk drawer. I have a card like that that I only use on the internet. I hope that helps.
    Thanks J, for your well considered advice. I always take yoyr opinions very seriously. The problem with us in this part of the world is that we have to have 'minimum qualification' to get a credit card, which means we have to qualify for atleast USD 500 credit limit. So, having a card with smaller limit is not possible here. My cards are a bit too heavy in terms of credit limit,due to my business turnover and requirements. Thus my hesitation. As far as PayP is concerned, after that problem, when my bank had to replace one of my cards, I had to give an undertaking not to use PayP. Therefore, I will have to wait till Hayden gives us other options. Thanks buddy.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Good idea JB. I just wanted to comment about Paypal. As you stated, it is as safe as paying with a credit card. I have used paypal over 200 times and have never had one issue with security. I'm probably even more comfortable using Paypal than a regular credit card.

Thanks J, for your well considered advice. I always take yoyr opinions very seriously. The problem with us in this part of the world is that we have to have 'minimum qualification' to get a credit card, which means we have to qualify for atleast USD 500 credit limit. So, having a card with smaller limit is not possible here. My cards are a bit too heavy in terms of credit limit,due to my business turnover and requirements. Thus my hesitation. As far as PayP is concerned, after that problem, when my bank had to replace one of my cards, I had to give an undertaking not to use PayP. Therefore, I will have to wait till Hayden gives us other options. Thanks buddy.
    Sorry Bangle,
    I stupidly forgot where you are located. I've even looked it up on Google Earth to see exactly where it is.

Being outside the US always has some degree of complication compared to us in the states. I hope that a better option for renewal will be available for you soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast