Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Like most, my issue has been time. When im not working, my time is spent ... Site Announcements & help forum

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

Advertisement

Like most, my issue has been time. When im not working, my time is spent with my family. I do check in from time to time just no time to post and keep up with threads. Going from all things BB to a smartphone forum never bothered me a bit. Not all of my contacts have BB's and I've been able to help a few with what I've learned here. I think hayden made a good move and was able to capture a bigger audience and welcome ALL to the best smartphone community. HAPPY POSTING 2 ALL!!!
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I'll admit I was a little disappointed when PinStack went from All Things BlackBerry to embracing ALL smartphones (especially that iPhone thingamajig ), but as Hayden pointed out, RIM has a lot of competition from a lot of great devices out there, so why not spread the love?

Can't say that I'll ever stray from the BlackBerry platform, but I certainly love the options out there and can't think of a better place to get educated on those options than PinStack. It's so interesting to go into all the different threads and read up on the different platforms. I think it's great that the wealth of knowledge that has been our claim to fame here on the Stacks is spreading out to those other platforms. I believe that it's just a matter of time until PinStack regains its status as "the" elite site, and the place to come not just for BlackBerry devices but for ALL devices.
    Well put, Roger, I'm with you on this one. I WANT to be a BB user from now on - I can't say I will be but I will if I can. ...but what better place than PS to get the scoop and keep up with the competition and there IS some fine competition out there.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Im still here and i read often just have a heavy work schedule with the hiring of 400 people through out my regional coverage, got a lot of laptops and pc's to image.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    The site changed on Jan 1st 2009. I changed to iPhone just over a month ago.

In the end we ALL want email, calendar organizers, apps, etc. Smartphones are not much different as they are the same. We're glad for those who've stayed and have the foresight of seeing what's only inevitable and we also welcome everyone else no matter the platform.

No, unfortunately this site can't be as a shrine for one platform anymore (there are literally 100 sites for that) but it CAN utilized by everyone seeking smartphone solutions and support. Yes it may be atypical and not with the herd of sites who clone the same ideas, but that's PinStack and the PinStackers, this community and their loyalty and unity over the last 5 years made it a no-brainer. Most of the members are here because of the PinStack brand, but before we were hiding behind another great brand (RIM) and even so it was still easy to see that many users visited for PinStack. This change has helped with that trend greatly and watching/participating in threads with feedback from multi-platform members is sure worth it.

Great discussion all!

I get you boss....I am probably just being stubborn and I am sure it will dissipate one of these days here. I just know alot of iPhone users who have left a very bad taste in my mouth and I think I just group all iPhone users together in my head now for some reason. Crud I guess a am a smart phone-ist now haha! Anyhow, I understand the changes and while I wasn't too stoked on them, change is inevitable and I am certain it will grow on me in time.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    This sounds familiar lol. I too agree that times are somewhat busy right now, and changing still because of the site change.

At first I don't agree to the change but I slowly began to like it. I still remain a die hard BlackBerry fan but no point running oblivious to the world around me. Even for BlackBerry users, it doesn't hurt to know what is going on in other smartphone news. It actually helps most of the time because we can speculate form one system what might happen on another.

I think Hayden made a great decision before it became obvious to everyone else.

And talk about activity, look at the replies to this thread

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    I've noticed a bit of a lack of participation in Pinstack lately (to put it lightly), but visiting the other sites; They are quick to answer but slow with any useful information. Just saying.
    The time of year effects things (summer, winter etc) and the economy world wide may also have some impact on it? Many who had time in the past to participate may have had their lives change. It's touched everyone even tho we may not see it directly. Life changes and nothing remains the same. (transitioning over to the other topic) PinStack moving from All Blackberry to All SmartPhones had to happen. I don't remember exactly how my transition went but I became bored with the Blackberry Platform to where it had nothing to offer me as a user. So i switched. Since I switched visiting PinStack was not as useful for me and it was not long before I couldn't contribute to many of the posts because I no longer had a Blackberry.

So I stopped visiting PinStack for a short period of time.

Then out of the blue one day I re-visited PinStack and saw Hayden had expanded to include All SmartPhones. While I was surprised I thought to myself "it's about time". Being an All Blackberry site you limit yourself or the site in this case. The more I think about it the more it makes sense. Unless your the Platform maker yourself (RIM Official, Apple Official, Palm Official etc) how can you not include all Platforms. We may choose to use one Platform at a time but we all know many others who use different devices with different OS's. So in our daily lives we don't just associate with Blackberry users or Nokia users. That would be weird (right ).

Opening PinStack up to All SmartPhones grows the community and opens the door for countless new users who all have the same interests as the current members do. (SmartPhones). The added bonus now is we can learn about things we may not have known before.

Have you ever had one of those moments where you said to yourself "I didn't know that, if I did I would have" (insert here).
    Hayden did or is doing the right thing, most of the other All Blackberry sites will fail over the long haul especially as the industry matures and devices get better and better.

Look what Wal-Mart did all across the U.S when it first opened. I know bad example but everyone knows there is a Wal-Mart close by and all those businesses that used to sell just one product are now closed.

sigh.................. |Done (beep, beep) Love Nextel Commercials

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Time for some tough love. Hey there dude or dudette, don't be inpatient if we don't reply or are not posting as we used to. I believe everyone made it clear already. Not everyone has the same device anymore in this forum. Variety is good because in case you're kinda falling outta love with your brickberry, ifawn, megatron/android or even those silly looking flip phones you can always read up on what we have to say about our shenanigans and possibly jump ship and join us . So, I know there are at least 10 sites out there where you can get your crackberry juice or some others where you can get your bb fixin'. So there you have it, there's that big ah ha!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Time for some tough love. Hey there dude or dudette, don't be inpatient if we don't reply or are not posting as we used to. I believe everyone made it clear already. Not everyone has the same device anymore in this forum. Variety is good because in case you're kinda falling outta love with your brickberry, ifawn, megatron/android or even those silly looking flip phones you can always read up on what we have to say about our shenanigans and possibly jump ship and join us . So, I know there are at least 10 sites out there where you can get your crackberry juice or some others where you can get your bb fixin'. So there you have it, there's that big ah ha!
    My man C!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I am a blackberry addict....and a Pinstack addict. There I said it.....whew!. Welcome to the stacks!!
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    We are all addictied or we would not spend the tremendous amount of time on here most of us do. Variety is the spice of life. I am not big on change either, but I have to admit, I still learn more on here than any other site I visit, whether it be BGR, CBA, BB, etc. I am a true addict stacker.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    roger that Bat...Bassman!
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12