Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've noticed a bit of a lack of participation in Pinstack lately (to put it ... Site Announcements & help forum

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

Other BB Forums

Advertisement

I've noticed a bit of a lack of participation in Pinstack lately (to put it lightly), but visiting the other sites; They are quick to answer but slow with any useful information. Just saying.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    right now is a busy time for a lot of people.
    I personally don't get a chance to get online and spend some time browsing through pinstacks forums nearly as much as I used to.
    it's a rotation of people right now. give it time once you go pinstack you never you go back!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've been here for a bit of time. Met a lot of folks. I check in often.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    right now is a busy time for a lot of people.
    I personally don't get a chance to get online and spend some time browsing through pinstacks forums nearly as much as I used to.
    it's a rotation of people right now. give it time once you go pinstack you never you go back!
    I have to agree. I think a lot has to do with people and their busy schedule but I also believe it is in part because Pinstack went from just a Blackberry forum to a place for all smartphones. A lot of hardcore Berry Addicts didn't like that and don't post as much, but if you notice we are getting a lot of post from iPhone users as well as users trying the android and other platforms that are emerging. The drop IMO is because of site changes and switches that have been made to support platforms other than BB. I believe in time the post counts as well as the knowledge on Pinstack will be the best out there. No matter what the reason I find the responses here to be more friendly and see people go out of thier way to help find answers even if the answer is from another site. That's what makes Pinstack so great and why the members are the best out there.

Once people relieze that pinstack is the Place for all things Blackberry, iPhone, Android etc..... it will be the top smartphone forum out there. Also remember Pinstack strives to be the site for Professionals and developers not just the everyday smartphone user.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I don't post very much, mainly because of time, and I am not the expert that some of the people are. I do enjoy reading the stacks though. It is a shame if people have stopped posting because Pinstack has expanded to cover other smartphones (what there are other phones out there that arenkt bb's )

Seriously it is good to have views from real people using different phones as it allows you to make decisions on the next purchase base on truth/facts rather than advertising statements

I believe it is the top forum, it is the first place I head to for help and info

Lvallejo666 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I know what you mean. Crackberry sucks and the official BB forum is even slower. I think everyone is going iPhone.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    If you compare my post to when I first started coming to the stacks mine have really dropped off mostly because I'm busier now than I was about a year ago. Like luciferseamus said its a busy time for a lot of people. The posting might be down a little but the help is still here. I have yet to see a post go for more than 12 hours unanswered. This is by far the best forum for help with a bb. Oh and the other smart phones also

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah and other forums are not nearly as friendly as this one. I read info for android on xda forums which is ridiculously rude and immature so I ask the questions here on pinstack. Even bbos.com ppl are rude expecting you to be reading up on every question that's ever been answered already. And every site thinks their search engine is godlike

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    i can safely say that me and my friend's in college used to be on here all the time, but for me i can't describe it any other way as but the semester from hell and i have been unable to keep up on the stacks like i used too...i am trying to change that but right now i am writing 2 term papers and studying for a midterm while writing this, like i said the semester to make or break me
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Well man! Good luck!!
    Write a couple of good papers!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by lsu4lif3 View Post
    i can safely say that me and my friend's in college used to be on here all the time, but for me i can't describe it any other way as but the semester from hell and i have been unable to keep up on the stacks like i used too...i am trying to change that but right now i am writing 2 term papers and studying for a midterm while writing this, like i said the semester to make or break me
    Hang in there and don't let it break you - school's too important to the rest of your life! Study hard and good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Once our leader went to the iPhone and the whole forum changed to an everything forum, it just didn't feel the same here anymore for me so I stopped makin it part of my daily routine. I still pop in weekly though and see what's going on.

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Quote Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
    Once our leader went to the iPhone and the whole forum changed to an everything forum, it just didn't feel the same here anymore for me so I stopped makin it part of my daily routine. I still pop in weekly though and see what's going on.
    I still come here everyday and read up on things. I must admit I was sad to see Hayden cross over to the iphone I have lost a few really good contacts to the iphone. However like the others mention it's that time of the season, people are trying to keep busy and some may not be able to afford the little things anymore. I have yet to branch off to another site because stacks always has the newest gossip and contest. The people are friendly and there is always someone around to help with the bb emergency .
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
    The site changed on Jan 1st 2009. I changed to iPhone just over a month ago.

In the end we ALL want email, calendar organizers, apps, etc. Smartphones are not much different as they are the same. We're glad for those who've stayed and have the foresight of seeing what's only inevitable and we also welcome everyone else no matter the platform.

No, unfortunately this site can't be as a shrine for one platform anymore (there are literally 100 sites for that) but it CAN utilized by everyone seeking smartphone solutions and support. Yes it may be atypical and not with the herd of sites who clone the same ideas, but that's PinStack and the PinStackers, this community and their loyalty and unity over the last 5 years made it a no-brainer. Most of the members are here because of the PinStack brand, but before we were hiding behind another great brand (RIM) and even so it was still easy to see that many users visited for PinStack. This change has helped with that trend greatly and watching/participating in threads with feedback from multi-platform members is sure worth it.

Great discussion all!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'll admit I was a little disappointed when PinStack went from All Things BlackBerry to embracing ALL smartphones (especially that iPhone thingamajig :p), but as Hayden pointed out, RIM has a lot of competition from a lot of great devices out there, so why not spread the love?

Can't say that I'll ever stray from the BlackBerry platform, but I certainly love the options out there and can't think of a better place to get educated on those options than PinStack. It's so interesting to go into all the different threads and read up on the different platforms. I think it's great that the wealth of knowledge that has been our claim to fame here on the Stacks is spreading out to those other platforms. I believe that it's just a matter of time until PinStack regains its status as "the" elite site, and the place to come not just for BlackBerry devices but for ALL devices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast