Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Originally Posted by ventz Here's the comment bug again: people have commented on a thread/article, ... Site Announcements & help forum

JohnMc no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    Here's the comment bug again: people have commented on a thread/article, but it doesn't show up until later (the side window shows it as it instantly however). See image:
    Thanks Ventz I will get this to our developer. Coupled with Mark's findings below that should make it an easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    I've discovered that if you log out, all the posts become visible. So I've just gotten used to logging out, reading the comments, and then logging back in. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one this is happening to! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    Sometimes when I click on the new posts I see and read several threads then when I come back later to maybe respond to some of the threads they're gone. I also hate when I check in in the mornings only a couple of threads,or sometimes no threads are showing.Is there any way that the "new posts" tab could always display the last...say 10 or 15 threads that were active?
    This should be an option in VB - I will check it out. Agree with you it's an 'annoying' feature!

JohnMc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Regarding What's New issue that Catstide brought up above - is anyone else experiencing this? My What's New behaves correctly, as in threads I read are still in What's New after I read them.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
    Regarding What's New issue that Catstide brought up above - is anyone else experiencing this? My What's New behaves correctly, as in threads I read are still in What's New after I read them.
    It behaves correctly a LOT of the time, but occasionally, for me it will act as Cats describes.

I know on other forums I frequent (CreateAForum, which are very basic forums), there is actually a little icon that displays showing there are new posts in a thread. When you click on that icon, it takes you directly to the beginning of the new posts in that thread. Maybe there's an option in VB to do the same?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I only view through mobile, sometimes set as desktop sometimes as mobile. Never had any issues with "what's new"

Only issue I've had recently would be forum seems slow sometimes. I can click and wait up to 30 seconds for a load. Thought could be mobile but doesn't seem to happen when I go to other forums, cached or not.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm experiencing it about 50% of the time.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    When I open the article your comments don't appear.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    That's what I've been talking about for a while now. Sometimes you can see the posts other times you have to go to what's new and then open the article to read it. It's annoying. I'd hope it had went away with the update but it didn't.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Now I have time, let me explain:When you posted a comment RogerG, I can see it on the Home page like this:
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46...
    CloudOn - The Best MS Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint Editor for iPad, iPhone

RogerG
    on 01-09-2012
    Firstly, all that gibberish "Wirelessly posted ...") doesn't let us see what you commented.2nd: If we click on that, in Recent Comments, or on the Article itself, YOUR COMMENTS DON'T APPEAR AT ALL. It's as I'm talking to myself LOL...3rd - To see your COMMENT I have to go into "WHAT'S NEW" and see it there.Lately, also, some comments of yours simply disappear. And, in "What's New", why do threads disappear, completely ? Right now there's only a 1st page with 14 threads... where are all the rest ?
    Obviously JohnMc must look into this. I'm going to copy paste this to the appropriate thread, right ? Ok. Where the heck is it ?

Wonder if it has something to do with posting from the WAP site, based on what you described above.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Its probable...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Can anyone comment on the PS design roadmap for 2012?

Is there any new design plans in the future?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by iridemybike View Post
    Seems like we have too many individual forums so we kind of end up with several that seem dead. Might be turning people away to see that...
    We're open to suggestions. I already a combined a ton of the BlackBerry forums, but if you have other ideas, let us know!

This is a vBulletin site a friend of mine runs. https://www.positek.net/content.php

A
    ny thoughts on this layout/design?

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional
    At a glance it seems easier to find what you might be looking for and less overwhelming. From my own personal experience over the years, Seeing a lot of dead divisions and forums generally doesn't encourage people to post their own things becuase they don't think they'll get answers, at least not in a timely manner. For us when I scroll down through the forum listings I see several that show the last post in that section being back in 2011 or very early this year. From the standpoint of a new user coming to us, at the very least it tells me that section isn't very active and if my question would go in one of those areas I might think twice about posting it, especially if I'm really looking for an answer quickly!

You're absolutely right. There's definitely a lot of threads we could close and/or condense with others.

Back when we were BlackBerry only, it made a lot more sense to have a separate forum for each individual device. Not so much anymore.

I could also see doing away with the individual forums for the wireless carriers, among others.
    lak611 likes this.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast