Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Smooth sailing on all my devices and PC. Now we're talkin...... Site Announcements & help forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Advertisement

Smooth sailing on all my devices and PC.
    Now we're talkin...

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Here's another example of something screwy:

main page says 18 comments:
    http://tmp.vpetkov.net/pinstack3.png

But then when I actually select the post, my comment is the only one, and notice, it says it:
    http://tmp.vpetkov.net/pinstack4.png

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Most comments are made in the what's new section, but shows up in the actual article for total comments

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Used to be a "Settings" link at the top right between "Notifications" and "My Profile." Not there anymore.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hope this is the proper thread for my Q's.

I've been away for awhile so I am sure I've missed a lot but I have noticed when I try to log in on the front page I always get an invalid url error and have to log in again on the page that follows. Yes, my log in info is correct the first time

Has there been any recent discussions on how the entire site's links work or direct users to and how navigation in general works? I would love an update on this topic if there is any new info. Since I've been away It seems easier to ask rather than try to search/read.

I've also noticed when trying to reply/post then clicking the "post quick reply" button nothing happens. Later after leaving the site and returning I notice it present.
    thx

What browser are you using, srl? Have you tried clearing cache, etc on your browser? These were things I noticed prior to the site upgrade.

Really, the quickest way around the site is to click on New Posts or What's New at the top of the page. If you want a broad overview of the forums, click on Forum link. Those are all the links I use most frequently.

Oh, under Quick Links you'll find links for your own posts and threads you've started, which can come in handy.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Noticed that since update paragraph breaks (plain text) don't always work. I've had posts that were 3 paragraphs become 1 after posting.

Trying in this one. Its hit and miss, but don't think I did anything special in any of them.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I don't think I'm describing things in enough detail so let me put some more thought in to a few items.

I am also having the paragraph issue and can only break up paragraphs after posting then going to edit post.
    I'm using Safari as a reference. When I hit the front page anyplace that I should only have to click or tap once requires me to click or tap twice in order for the url/link to work.

The browser cache is clean and this occurs on windows via I.E or OS X and Safari and even iOS with the iPad. I'm not sure about mobile browsing as I don't do that.

I've noticed when clicking into an article from the front page it's present along with any replies but when digging deeper in the forums it's not that same and a single headline with a link to read full article. It's kind of hard to describe b/c it's so unlike anything I've seen.

I know what you're saying about the articles. I don't like that either. Would be nice to not have to click a link to get into the article from the "New Posts" or "What's New" links. Gonna see if I can find a setting for that.

I had the paragraph problem before I cleared cache cookies. I've seen it happen once or twice since, but very infrequently as compared to what you guys are describing.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Knock-knock.
    And while you're at it, have a look at inserting a video URL into an article. It does it ok until you piblish. Then the picture of the video virtually takes over the whole front page...no good !

JohnMc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for all the reports, I will have our developer take a look at these issues.

test

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I am also having the paragraph issue and can only break up paragraphs after posting then going to edit post.
    So the enter key does not work in the post editor? Is this the using advanced or quick reply?

I'm using Safari as a reference. When I hit the front page anyplace that I should only have to click or tap once requires me to click or tap twice in order for the url/link to work.
    I can't seem to reproduce this in Safari at all. Any one else having this issue?

I've noticed when clicking into an article from the front page it's present along with any replies but when digging deeper in the forums it's not that same and a single headline with a link to read full article. It's kind of hard to describe b/c it's so unlike anything I've seen.
    Is this a specific article or all?

Enter key has worked for me since clearing cookies, cache, etc, but others still seeing the problem, obviously.

The article issue is for all articles. Whenever an article is published, it creates a regular thread post, then within that thread post is a link to the article. I couldn't find a setting in the Admin Control Panel for this. I'm not sure if it works this way so that a regular thread post is created to show up in New Posts or what.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast