Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

No, right now only shows 2 threads, one the bbm pin thread and this one. ... Site Announcements & help forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

No, right now only shows 2 threads, one the bbm pin thread and this one. To see the articles I hard to go to forum and quick links. If I choose them through activity stream I only see the first post.

I can only access last 24 hours through quick links. Before I just hit "what's new"

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yeah, with articles, you'll only see the first post with activity stream, but with threads, it's the latest post by the person denoted.

If you click on the PinStack logo, that will take you to the home page (articles).

I'll check the "new posts" settings, but as it's currently set up, you'll only see new posts in the last 24 hrs. Don't care for that setup myself.

Sorry took so long to get back, long day @ work yesterday.

I'm not all that worried since I can work around it with quick links. Just got used to the "What's New" showing all the posts from the past 24 hours over the years.

Now that I'm on a pc and can actually type, I don't get all the current stuff when I choose "What's New/New Posts". Yesterday when I posted above, all I got were the two posts I mentioned even though Activity Stream showed the articles. A lot of times if I choose the articles from the front page or stream I only get 1 reply, usually the first one made. Same goes if I choose from the Stream, I only get the first reply.

I've worked around this just by choosing forums/quick links. I mentioned it because it was brought up, but I can keep doing what I do. Just didn't know if it was a glitch or what.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

Please check into malware on Pinstack.

I just cleaned my PC of Sirefef (Zero Access) Trojan I picked up after visiting the site.

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2372
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

JohnMc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

Please check into malware on Pinstack.

I just cleaned my PC of Sirefef (Zero Access) Trojan I picked up after visiting the site.

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page...nt&id=SOLN2372
    Thanks. We had an issue with Malware on the site about 1 month ago. Anyone getting warnings in Chrome or FF about this right now?

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

I didn't get a warning on Firefox. The infection happened after I visited the site and posted my article.

I used ESET's tools to clean my PC and just reran an in depth scan. It's clean now, but I'll stick to mobile for now.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

I think this might've been brought up before about posting in articles.

Made a post in an article, however I can only see my post from the main article thread, and not the article itself. Don't know if it has anything to do with me posting WAP, but I'll try and post a couple of screenshots.

I know I've done this before, but how the heck do you post a screenshot? lol

Villordsutch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2A2F75F4
    Hello all,

Would it please be possible to include in the email we receive when a reply has been made to your post the 'mobile site' Pinstack link also?

Thank you

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Issues again with comments...ex: iPhone 5 pics article. It says there are 13 comments (as of ~9am EST). I can see only 1. I logged out, and back in. I tried a different computer.

Let's revive this thread and see if we can get some action. Been sitting stagnant since July with nary a resolution.

Craig, I know a lot of people still come here for BlackBerry themes, even though RIM hasn't provided themers with updated tools for a long time. I know you have them hosted elsewhere, but it would be cool if people still had access to them here at some point.

Man, I think we had the cream of the crop in themers here on the Stacks back in the day.....Cherri, Craig, pdxmatts, 9of13, raton....to name just a few.

Easier navigation.
    I'll do whatever I can, which I admit isn't much.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Pinstack must fix the vBulletin format it has or, like almost all others, use some other "program" that helps the user and welcomes the visitors to the site. Make it feel like home. It must be boldly identifiable. The navigation between pages is easy and (must be) sequential. Posts should be seen long after 24 hours and can be followed. They don´t expire!
    Right now if you´re on the Home Page and want to go to page 3, 2 or 54 you land up in the massive and confusing Forum Home Page. Where´s page 2 gone? It means yesterday´s news don´t exist anymore. I´m sorry but people that visit PS 2 or three times a week and have posted something on a particular article (or thread) would like to know if there was any change or responses. Unless you´re "in the know" or you´re a PS "insider" like us, to click on What´s New or New Posts to go into the threads. But not even like that. When you get there you´ll get a message, that all the New Posts are old. And then you click in another spot for posts older than 24Hrs. And there´s nothing there as well. And then you get fed up, switch off or like many others, go to some other site for reading.
    Heck, this is a mouthful. Sorry guys. But this will drive anyone away. Even the old Pinstack buddies we so sorely miss now.
    It´s about time something is done. Roger you said July? Maybe, but it started earlier than that. Remember the problems we already had, even before the Google Virus Warning. So urgent fixing needed to our present format! Very urgen! Or...
    Get some other system going.
    In the last few months all sites like ours, all of them without exception, have modernized themselves. And they were considered good already (at least I considered them so), but even with all the great quality they already had, they found it necessary to modernize. They´re more attractive, easier to navigate, it´s easy to pin-point your interests, it´s easy to post and then easy to follow the thread. You post, you can see answers, you can post again...and nothing dies in 24 hours. The stories can be followed ad eternum, it seems.
    Goodness people. Let´s do something. What you may ask? What can we do?
    I ´ll tell you. Let´s fill this thread with complaints. Everyday. Even if it´s one syllable comments. But let´s not forget this thread and only revive it again come December, just like Rog did now...from July.
    My apologies for this almost incoherent rambling. I´m feverish, nursing the flu, and one or two glasses of (medicinal) Port don´t seem to help...
    Last edited by Delfim; 10-23-2012 at 05:32 PM.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I agree 100% there is piles and piles of information here, so much that it's confusing, and irritates guests and members I'm not sure what the real answer is but if I can assist in any way please let me know.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color