Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

^^^^LOL. Another 10. That will make 2046. And I'm sulking, and to top everything I've ... Site Announcements & help forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Advertisement

^^^^LOL. Another 10. That will make 2046. And I'm sulking, and to top everything I've got a bucket over my head, (Solar Flare) and it hasn't any holes for my eyes. So I can't do anymore...today.

Your suggestion would clean up the Home page.
    PapaMag likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    My 2˘ is just simple.
    3 android/apple (os, phone, tablet/pad), maybe same for blackberry 2 windows mobile.
    1 news
    1 general.

However keep in mind now we almost never stay on topic. We all know each other and threads run the gambit.

For the love of God can we have 1 spot for the new folks to do their one and done stuff.

If everything picks up then expand as needed.

Just dontt think we need different model forums, carrier forums, bbsex forums....

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I can't believe you say we get off topic Jay. I don't know what you mean
    iNurse likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Lol. Amazing isn't it?

Kinda think it is a bit intimidating for the new folks from time to time.

On the one other board I frequent there are cliqs. People "know" each other and anyone outside that group tends to get ignored. Here that doesn't happen, but it may look that way to outsiders. Conversations within conversations exist in nearly every thread. Personally I think thatss a good thing, but a newer poster who may not be that out going may be intimidated.

(I actually used to love hijacking with SVT and reddragon. Had some funny stuff back then)

Maybe a lounge for newbs? Then we can rush in and hijack????
    PapaMag and Delfim like this.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    That's brings up a great suggestion, a place for newbie's to make their introductions ask questions and get answers from the Stack Professionals. We should probably leave them be, they'll get acquainted if they stick around and soon see how friendly things get here on PinStack
    Delfim, jfcooley and iNurse like this.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I don't think we need to mention the obvious w/site design the list is long all the way down to being able to tell what page your on when viewing a thread. Is this page 8 or 10? Yes, yes, yes I realize there is page _ of page _ at the top and bottom of each page. You can't tell b/c there is no distinquishing indicators.

What we should be focused on is the fact that is it weren't for RogerG and chokem this forum would be gone. They are the only 2 site leaders engaged.

Tipping my hat to those two for still being here for the rest of us.
    dushdavj, chokem, jfcooley and 1 others like this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Thanks Steve, and thank you to you loyal followers who have stuck around through all the transitions!

admin no está en línea Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I don't think we need to mention the obvious w/site design the list is long all the way down to being able to tell what page your on when viewing a thread. Is this page 8 or 10? Yes, yes, yes I realize there is page _ of page _ at the top and bottom of each page. You can't tell b/c there is no distinquishing indicators.
    We will definitely see what we can do about getting this fixed!
    iNurse likes this.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Thanks for the kind words Steve, but credit goes to Roger.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Credit really goes to Escalate for keeping the site up and running! Thanks Lee and John!

Now let's see what we can do to make the user experience better.
    chokem and iNurse like this.

The problem with PinStack is it has a huge, wide-ranging subject base because the world of electronics: smartphones, tabs, pcs, service providers, themes, apps and downloads, etc. etc. etc. is immense. Also, the site goes wayyyy back so there are years and years of posts. When you open the Forums page you gotta scroll wayyyyy dow to get to the bottom. I think it's intimidating. I believe that when new people first visit the forums page, three things stand out: 1. There's a lot of places to click - Where the heck do I start? 2. There's some forums that have no posts at all; and 3. A lot of the posts in other forums are months old. I'm thinking that there should be a Front Page specifically for the forums that would make it look much simpler and more direct, leading to the other subforums.

So when the noob clicks on "Forums" he or she sees a simple, succinct and direct menu broken down into only 8 or 9 "forums" or sections. Each title, for the purpose of brevity, would have little or no "comment" - just the title. - let's say:

1. New Member Welcome Center

2. Android Smartphone World

3. iPhone Users

4. Windows Smartphones

5. Android Tablets

6. Non-Android Tablets

7. All Things BlackBerry

8. Miscellaneous

9. Downloads and Themes

People that are mods/pros/paid members would see a couple more appropriate sections.

When a noob clicks on one of the 9 titles, then the whole world opens up. PinStack Mods would probably need to be assigned to each section, with two or three along with the Admin given overall site oversight. Which means mods need to re-commit to the site or be replaced I guess - I don't see that many hanging around these days lol.

The people are coming to the site, they're just not staying. Right now it says 10 Stackers and 778 Guests. My suggestion is that a simpler initial forums page may make them feel less intimidated and more comfortable, and therefore more likely to hang around.
    iNurse likes this.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^ I find it interesting your choice for number 7. It could have been any number, yet you chose 7. Just sayin....... Good food 4 thought IF a redesign is taken on.

1. New Member Welcome Center
    2. Android World
    3. BlackBerry World
    4. iPhone World
    5. Windows World
    6. Tablets/iPad's

7. Miscellaneous
    8. Downloads and Themes
    9. Old Smartphone help (Dumping ground for a lot of threads)

I'd be nice and go for alphabetical order w/ the caveat that number 3. will be eliminated in 2013
    iNurse likes this.

admin no está en línea Administrator
    A lot of this forum reorganization can be done even before the site is redesigned. Changes like what Mark suggested would be the forums MUCH easier to navigate.
    PapaMag, chokem and iNurse like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    A lot of this forum reorganization can be done even before the site is redesigned. Changes like what Mark suggested would be the forums MUCH easier to navigate.
    I would be happy to take it on as a project, although it would take some time because of the volume and depth of posts and subjects . . .

iNurse no está en línea Stack Professional
    great ideas and can't wait to see what lies ahead for PinStack
    :) iNurse :)

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast