Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can sombody teach me how to use this website I'm looking for themes for my ... Site Announcements & help forum

washington22 no está en línea Stack level 2

Need Help Looking for Themes

Advertisement

Can sombody teach me how to use this website I'm looking for themes for my blackberry pearl 8120
    Please help

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Washington, Probably the best way is to dive in. At the top of this page, point to Downloads and select Blackberry Downloads and follow your nose to the themes. See if that gets you going. It's just a matter of giving it a try.

Post back if you get lost and let's take it a step at a time.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Mmh ok well I didn't see a link that said downloads;I made it to a screen that ask me about themes and I click the link that says:81XX,and then I get lost from there...

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by washington22 View Post
    Mmh ok well I didn't see a link that said downloads;I made it to a screen that ask me about themes and I click the link that says:81XX,and then I get lost from there...
    hey washington,welcome to the stacks!

the download button on the top right under pinstack.com is where you start. mouse over it and you will see a dropdown menu. then click blackberry downloads...then click on the link "free blackberry themes".next click 8100 pearl themes. after that you will have to download them to your pc and install via the desktop manager unless they are an ota theme...those can be downloaded directly to your berry by browsing to it and clicking.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Can you please direct me to an ota theme so I can download straight from my phone my computer is down... But I would really appreciate it sorry if I'm a burden...lol

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Thanks for helping out Cat. Washington, sorry I got sidetracked and couldn't get bact to you. You're in good hands with the "Cat!"
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by washington22 View Post
    Can sombody teach me how to use this website I'm looking for themes for my blackberry pearl 8120
    Please help
    Washington, Are you finding your way around the site better? Keep posting if you get lost and we'll help you out.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Just to inform you I'm doing all this from my mobile now I clicked on the link that "cat"gave me and this poped up"Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor."
    What does that mean...lol
    I'm really sorry to keep bothering you guys

I don't know that error, Washington, but the link that Cat gave you is good. When I click it I get a 81xx (Pearl) theme download - jad-type file - that should download to your Blackberry.

I suspect that some setting on your BB is not right. Are you able to browse the internet OK and go to web sites?

BTW, you're no bother! I'm going to be off and on for the next few hours but keep posting your status - we'll be here to get you going.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 01-06-2009 at 10:42 AM.

I'm able to browse from my berry what should my settings be on if you don't mind telling me...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I tried clicking it and got the same error message as washington, tried some other themes and they are all coming up download failed. There may be a site issue at the moment...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I thought I was the only one tripping...lol nice to know I have some body in the same boat with me...
    So maybe if I try again later it will work..

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I let the admin know there seems to be an issue, hopefully back up and running soon
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

THanks, Azstar! When I select it from p-c, the link works and downloads, even though it's not a p-c type download. So I mistakenly assumed that it was good. Should have checked via P-C. Did, and got the same error. I apolgize, Washington, for misleading you. Better next time.

Just for grins and to check out your 8120, see if you can download this program - it's called Soft Reset and it's free. It performs a reset of you Pearl without a battery pull.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast