Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It has been brought to the attention of the spam police that two of our ... Site Announcements & help forum

Spamkiller no está en línea Stack level 7

Explanation of recent PS PIN spamming

Advertisement

It has been brought to the attention of the spam police that two of our members were spamming other members last night, via PIN messaging.

Unfortunately, the nature of the message was of ill intent against PinStack and we felt that these members should be exposed. We do not condone spamming of any sort and rest assured the offending members will be banned shortly.

Below is a message posted both on the forums (about 20 times) and sent out in "spam" fashion to several unsuspecting PinStackers by RSCstacker (aka Pdiddy, aka Harry334, aka Pedro Perez) and jiiadams.

------Original Message------
    To: pin removed
    Subject: Fw: PINSUCK
    Sent: Mar 9, 2009 10:59 PM I don't know what your take on this is, but I don't like getting this "spam"- who is this guy?
    ------Original Message------
    Subject: PINSUCK
    Sent: Mar 9, 2009 10:32 PM
    To start things off, this is all my opinion, and no one elses. I speak on behalf of myself, and all items below are my OPINION (wonderful thing about the first amendment aint it? I can say whatever I want as long as it?s my opinion because after posting this, I wouldn?t put it past the mods and owners of pinstack to come after me. SO, without further ado, IN MY HONEST (GOD GIVEN/LEGAL RIGHT) OPINION?..Unbelievable. That?s all I have to say. Lil history about me- I joined in late 2007 after being referred by an employee of RIM. I became an AVID supporter, and referrer of pinsuck. I worked for AT&T Mobility and would say that I told AT LEAST 2000-4000 people about pinsuck while working there. Well, about two months ago I get a call from one of my previous customers asking me why I would refer them to a website that treats people like such crap. I?m like huh??? Well, come to find out they simply asked a question on pinsuck and were told by the mods to search before asking. Skip to two weeks ago?. I was reading on Viigo and saw that a member was having memory drain probs along with disappearing sms/mms/call log. I told them EXACTLY where to search because at the time I wasn?t able to get the link from my BB. Not more than an hour later, I posted the link once I was in front of a pc for the person to use. Simple, friendly, helpful, not condescending, just a good member helping out a new person. WELL? I get this email from one of the mods: You have received a reduction in trust because you told someone to search. WTF?!?!?! Seriously??? Sooo? I went over to another forum that I belong to that has welcomed me with open arms, and never treated me like this. I posted a rant about the BS that had just happened and got some responses from people that said they had similar situations.Skip to he next day Feb 19th to be exact, and I get a PM from azstar on the other forum asking if I had received the PM on pinsuck. I got over there, and there was this fake apology that went as follows:Hello jdiiams,This morning I was visiting one of the other sites that I am a member of, and there was a thread on the front page that caught my attention.Originally Posted by jdiiamsOK, so, I try to help people whenever I can. I was browsing thru my Viigo feeds the other day, and saw a post on Pinstack. I tried to help the person but wasn't near a pc. I posted a question to the person, and the mod team @ PS told me that I violated the trust policy... erm, pardon F****N me if I was trying to HELP YOUR SITE. Thats the last time i'll ever throw in my help for people over there!!!! God, unbelieveable how when a site gets big, their egos go with them. unbelieveable....I just wanted to clarify something with you and also offer an apology. The PM you received was auto generated when one of your posts was edited. Any time a post is edited there is a PM generated by the system and sent to the member who posted it. This PM was simply notification that your post had been edited. At the bottom of the auto notification there is mention of the trust system, not because you violated it, but it is on every auto PM just to make users, especially new users aware of the trust system and how it works.I also reviewed your post to see why it was edited and would like to apologize for it. There was nothing wrong with your post, there is a section of the rules that says to not tell members to searchon't ask others to SearchPlease do not tell other members to use the search feature. If you don't don't want to answer then don't reply esp if to suggest to the user to search. We privately contact users who post without searching. If you'd like to help then use the "report post" feature to alert us of such users.This is actually meant for those who are rude to new users and telling them to search instead of being helpful. We have recently added several new moderators and this was a matter of taking the rules a bit too literally. I have restored your post to the original. We realize that your post was helpful and that you were not being rude, but that when posting via your BB it is harder to get links for people so you were suggesting a search keyword.We are so very sorry for the misunderstanding and for upsetting you and hope that you will accept our apology. We will try to ensure that things like this do not happen in the future. Also please feel free to come to me or any member of the Moderation Team if you ever have an issue or question about something that was done. It is always our goal to treat every member fairly.And we also hope that you will continue to participate and contribute to the forums, we appreciate you for helping.Sincerely,azstarPinStack ModeratorYeah, my thoughts exactly? sounds more like a politician backpeddling because they made a dumb@$$ mistake. Well, I go on my merry way, and then realize that some other members (who I?ve looked up to since I became a member) hadn?t posted like they normally do, and had also lost ALL OF THEIR TRUST.Come to find out that the mods didn?t agree with them, and wanted to shaft people for just putting their opinions out there. One accusation was of asking others for ?trust?. I vaguely remember seeing another mod asking for trust points in return? erm, little pot calling the kettle black wouldn?t you say?(to keep myself out of trouble, and hide behind my first amendment rights of freedom of speech, I will preface this with IN MY HONEST (GOD GIVEN/LEGAL) OPINION, two of the most prominent members are now gone from the stacks because the cocky, power hungry, arrogant, SOB, mods and WORTHLESS OWNER wanted to play favorites. Well, here?s my two cents PINSUCK?.. Keep your stupid site, stupid mods, and kiss my arse!
    As you can see, the mod staff humbly made a mistake and tried whole heartedly to correct that mistake. What you don't see is the message on the other forum from jiiadams 'accepting' the apology and the PM back from him stating he understood.

The staff here on PinStack is 100% voluntary and do the best we can. We do make mistakes from time to time and will try our very best to fix them if ever brought to our attention. We remain professional at all times and never take to public attacks. All moderation is conducted privately, and it is found highly unprofessional to visit another forum and publicly spam our members with inflammatory comments as seen above. Our staff would never conduct themselves in this manner on another forum. The reason for publicly posting this attempt at multiple spamming of our members is that we felt it was necessary to air both sides of this story.

PinStack is a privately owned forum and while we fully support and believe in freedom of speech, we only ask that this be delivered on the forums within the appropriate forum rules and guidelines, with courtesy, respect and consideration extended to all members and staff at all times.

Best regards,
    PinStack Administration and Staff

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Spammers Identified ± issue resolved....good deal!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    this has been talked about several times.PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE POSTING. thanks
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Wow....just wow. Where ever there is a forum, there will be trolls.

Having said that, this was a very immature response from these two users, and I believe they need to be banned. It was completely uncalled for. Az, you did what I believe was the right, and noble thing to do, however, as it has been stated many times, and is in writing available to all, this is a privately owned forum. And being as such, mods do not owe an explanation, or apologies for anything they do that's in the best interest of the forum and issues at hand.

You tried your best, but the decision was obviously made on their part. Kudos to you and the way the whole mod team approached the situation and dealt with it. Way to go Az.

Just my two cents...
    Last edited by MotoUp; 03-10-2009 at 06:54 PM.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Lmao I got this at 1am. I was pissed lol

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    We try to be fair to every user and treat all objectively. It IS a privately owned forum but we attempt to run it as fairly as possible while maintaining a decent atmosphere for all our users. We Mods love the site just like most of the rest of you and we don't "play favorites."
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Agreed JB, and you all are very fair. You have all obviously been chosen for a reason. I've never seen anything but fairness from any of you.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    lord knows I have had post moved or edited by MODS and a lot of the time I feel it was "NIT PICKING" but I accept it and move forward....their to patrol a site like this isn't easy.....

Good job
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Heh, remember my mod days elsewhere. Your always the bad guy.
    Good job guys/gals.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Sad
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    lord knows I have had post moved or edited by MODS and a lot of the time I feel it was "NIT PICKING" but I accept it and move forward....their to patrol a site like this isn't easy.....

Good job
    I don't mind it as long as they at least tell you why. That way you know who did and you can settle things with them, and not prematurely get torqued at all of them.
    I posted a few that I wish I didn't, and I understand why they got deleted.
    I don't have the power to delete.
    It's very beneficial to the mod and the poster to have an honest an open relationship.
    And I agreed with the mod, and I appreciate their hard work to make it a great place for everyone.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    I was pissed off when i was awaken by this to late night... Gee and im wasting my 200th post on this...lol

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by williamsj83 View Post
    I was pissed off when i was awaken by this to late night... Gee and im wasting my 200th post on this...lol
    Bro just think how monumental your 222nd post will be.
    Water under the bridge.
    regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    MODs exist for one reason and one reason only... to even the playing field. you take a referee (i am one so i am speaking from experience), everyone hates them. they make bad calls they are one sided and they are just a pain in the a**. no their not... they are a "trained" human to enforce the rules, humans are not perfect. i have gotten the lip from so many parents for (this is rec league we are talking about) not treating everyone fairly. i kindly say "ok, now could you please let me do my job and you do yours as a supporting parent to your child. and if you have such serious issues with me then you may talk to my supervisior. i have to focus on the game right now and you need to be cheering for your child." i have only had to say that to one parent so far but i have had to say to many coachs that they should focus more on their team and less on what i am doing wrong. So to all the MODs out there... i feel ya... i am on your side. let them whine... a strong person realizes they made a mistake and accepts it and then corrects it. a weak person blames it on someone else because they arent strong enough to bare that load that they were wrong. from what the person said it sound like they are a weak person.

in addition, are the AKA's meaning that the person made 3 additional accounts?!?!?!?! should that even be allowed? can't we track the IP adress that we log in from as to prevent this? not my biz...
    Last edited by JCG3; 03-11-2009 at 12:56 AM.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    He MUST be kidding. I've dealt with mods on many, many forums.. and none are as engaged and kind as they are here.

Seriously.. dude needs to get his sh*t straight. Everyone has the right to speak their mind, and everyone else has the right to call him a dumb ***.

Oh, and to all the mods on PinSTACK.. keep doing your thing, you guys are doing great kicking out trash like this.
    Last edited by ssnxp; 03-11-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    -Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast