hi stacker admins... not sure if this technology exists, or would be considered helpful for ... Site Announcements & help forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

easier reply method please

Advertisement

hi stacker admins...

not sure if this technology exists, or would be considered helpful for pinstack.com, but i was wondering if there was a way for us to reply to our instant email notifications and have that response entered as a reply post on the site.

i get so many email notifications that require me to click the link, and go to the site,and scroll down, and enter my reply, and it seems that it would just be easier to reply directly to the email notification and have that posted to the forum.

is this even possible?

thanks admins!

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I think that's a good idea! it would definitely make participating a lot easier. it would also be a nice additon if we could bookmark the threads that we participate in and put them in a folder or list of some sort that would readily be available from your pinstack member page.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaesternbach View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I think that's a good idea! it would definitely make participating a lot easier. it would also be a nice additon if we could bookmark the threads that we participate in and put them in a folder or list of some sort that would readily be available from your pinstack member page.
    have you clicked the "show my posts" link?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    Dammit cats beat me to it. Yes the easiest way to do so is what cats said!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    so, might anything come of this?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    hi stacker admins...

not sure if this technology exists, or would be considered helpful for pinstack.com, but i was wondering if there was a way for us to reply to our instant email notifications and have that response entered as a reply post on the site.

i get so many email notifications that require me to click the link, and go to the site,and scroll down, and enter my reply, and it seems that it would just be easier to reply directly to the email notification and have that posted to the forum.

is this even possible?

thanks admins!
    It really wouldn't be practical simply because there's no guarantee that when you get, or better yet, check your notification and reply to it, that there may be half a dozen replies following the notification that you got.. If your reply were automated in that way the reply might be unnecessary, a duplicate, or ? by the time you get it posted.

It's best to look at the thread and see what's happened, if anything, to it since you were there the last time. A lot of users are involved in a number of threads concurrently and may not be able to always reply in a timely fashion - others may reply immediately.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com