2009 promises to be a banner year for the Android Platform. Many new Android Handsets ... Site Announcements & help forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Android Forum Suggested (drop google android)

Advertisement

2009 promises to be a banner year for the Android Platform. Many new Android Handsets will be introduced by the likes of Samsung, SonyEricsson & others. Therefore I suggest that the present Google Android forum be renamed to: Android Smartphones.

~via Android Smartphone ~
    Last edited by archer6; 02-06-2009 at 08:49 AM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Probably a good idea, Arch, but we can hold off on renaming it until we start to see the actual handsets hit the marketplace.

Not doubting what you predict at all - I'd say it's more inevitable than not, competition you know, and the companies all want their piece of the pie.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Probably a good idea, Arch, but we can hold off on renaming it until we start to see the actual handsets hit the marketplace.

Not doubting what you predict at all - I'd say it's more inevitable than not, competition you know, and the companies all want their piece of the pie.
    I have not predicted anything.

What I have done is bring up the fact that the Android platform is part of the "Open Handset Alliance". Which can be proven by simply using google. There one will find the list of major manufacturers that are in the midst of final testing of devices about to be released.

Why is it that Boy Genius and other sites provide coverage of this significant new segment and yet PinStack has no interest in doing the same?

Finally as a well educated technologist with dual masters degrees from MIT in computer science & electrical engineering, I have a lot to contribute to this topic. I am a certified developer in several OS disciplines, and would enjoy sharing here. I'm also writing this post from the keyboard of an Android Powered pre-production prototype made by Samsung. A name many may recognize.

That said I respect the fact that it may be an inappropriate request.

All the best
    Archer6

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I'm also writing this post from the keyboard of an Android Powered pre-production prototype made by Samsung.
    Archer6
    How did you get your "Android" to post the above message via a BlackBerry network IP? A WHOIS on your post IP returns:
    NetRange: 206.53.144.0 - 206.53.159.255
    CIDR: 206.53.144.0/20
    NetName: RIM-NET-03
    NetHandle: NET-206-53-144-0-1
    Parent: NET-206-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Assignment
    NameServer: XNS01YKF.RIM.NET
    NameServer: XNS01LHR.RIM.NET

OrgName: Research In Motion Inc.
    OrgID: RIM-9
    Address: 295 Phillip Street
    City: Waterloo
    StateProv: ON
    PostalCode: N2L-3W8

That would be a first and if you've found a way to do that then you may want to file a patent on that early!

As per the name change its a good idea will change today. Thanks!