Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

ummm just spoke with a t-mobile rep about my pearl today, it uses my sms's ... Networking with PinStackers forum

pearlberry27 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: What is Blackberry PIN messaging? Answered!

Advertisement

ummm just spoke with a t-mobile rep about my pearl today, it uses my sms's

ive got unlimited so thats fine, but he says only a email would use data... just thought you should know

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

pearlberry, your t-mo rep was wrong. Pin to Pin uses data, it is NOT SMS based. I repeat It is Data, not SMS.

If it were SMS, I would have a lot of extra charges on my phone bill since I don't have an SMS add on and I PIN quite a bit.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

newbb no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the info. I was having a hard time finding my pin until I came back here.

newbb no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just came up with one question, which was probably aready answered. But I'll ask anyway. Can I use bb messenger with someone who doesn't have a bb? Do I have to download a general program like aol messenger that everybody has to im?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by newbb
    Can I use bb messenger with someone who doesn't have a bb?
    Nope, It's Blackberry device to Blackberry device. But there are Apps that will allow you to IM with the Major IM programs. Look in the 3rd Party apps Forum for Ramble and IM+, and others.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i like having a proprietary messaging system exclusive to BB's. It makes it even more of a "club". I'm guessing it's carrier independent and free with data access, even internationally, correct?

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh duh, there it was above me! Getting a little too fast to type here.

BlackBerryR no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203b0e90
    Rule of Thumb: Never trust your carrier's Service Rep's. They know as much as they've been taught (or listened to).

Anyhow, my question is, though difficult, how does one - that is a BES admin - go about intercepting PIN messages for review. Is there a holding cell (server) of some sort? Would it reside on the RIM network or on the carrier network? Don't worry, I'm not trying to be snoopy, just a curious BlackBerry support analyst.

sspiro no está en línea Stack level 1

Do Blackberry Messenger messages charge against SMS?

pappcam no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: What is Blackberry PIN messaging? Answered!

Hi there, looks like a great place to learn and discover.

We use our BB's on a BES in a corporate environment. This means upgrading as Management sees fit. Does the PIN number stay with the hardware or with the BES account? Is the PIN recreated everytime the BB is wiped and redeployed or is it in hardware and permanently attached to the device?

Thanks in advance

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

pappcam, Welcome to PinStack.

The PIN is device specific and remains associated with the Device. It resides in the boot PROM and can't be changed.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

beastbot no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow..cool.Thanks for PIN info.This is a fantastic community. Question: is it possible to trace a PIN back to the user's name? Is there a RIM database linking all active PINs to users somewhere online? That would not be a good look. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JJBorzych no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D832DA
    So there is no way to PIN without charge if I do not have a blackberry data plan wut happens if someone PINs me and i do not have a data plan do i just get charged for that or do i juss not recieve it i Have a 8700g with no data and i have a pearl with data i no it is messed up but its a long story how that ended up but basically i wanna no if i can get pics from my pearl to my 8700g by PIN even tho i have no data or can i use bluetooth help me out guys you guys r BB genius'

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBorzych
    So there is no way to PIN without charge if I do not have a blackberry data plan wut happens if someone PINs me and i do not have a data plan do i just get charged for that or do i juss not recieve it i Have a 8700g with no data and i have a pearl with data i no it is messed up but its a long story how that ended up but basically i wanna no if i can get pics from my pearl to my 8700g by PIN even tho i have no data or can i use bluetooth help me out guys you guys r BB genius'
    I dont think you would recieve the PIN.

Bluetooth is probably your easiest option.

you can take the SIM card out of your Pearl and put it into the 8700g, then hit the "Setup Internet Email" icon and it will ask you if you want to change handhelds or change your emails to the other PIN I forget but select yes then Email the pictures to yourself.

JJBorzych no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D832DA
    Yeah Thnx

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)