Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021 LastLast

Hi there I have a question. When you send a pin message to someone for ... Networking with PinStackers forum

fantus no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Hi there
    I have a question. When you send a pin message to someone for the first time, do they have to accept you into their contacts before your pin will be accepted each time you send them messages after the initial contact? I am new to Blackberry and was informed that before my pin to pin messages will just appear in the messages that the person that I am sending a pin to has to accept me as a contact first. If this is correct is it safe to say that if the pin number is registered as a contact then whenever you receive a pin from that number it will just appear in your messages folder?

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    No this is only the case if you are adding a contact to BlackBerry Messenger. If you want to send a "Standard PIN Message" you do not have to approve a request before you can send them a message.

aaronmm71 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246FFBE2
    246FFBE2

m/22/louisville,ky

NOW THAT YALL KNOW ADD ME!!

hi again, thank you Kieranwest for your reply. I have another question about pin messaging. Is is very accurate? Is it possible to send a pin to the wrong person? many thanks.

WButtenwieser no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Importing PIN # to Blackberry Address Book from Outlook

Hello All...Infant Blackberry user and this is my first post.

Here's the general problem: I'm setting up Address Books in the Blackberries of 25 of my colleagues. We've all been issued 8320s. I set up an Excel spread sheet with everyone's name, address, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and PIN numbers. My idea was to import all that data into an Outlook 2003 Contact List and then import that Contact List into all of our Blackberries. What I've discovered is that there is no dedicated PIN Number Field in Outlook into which to map the PIN Numbers from my Excel file. Therefore, I cannot then import PIN Numbers from Outlook into the dedicated PIN Field in our Curves.

Right now I'm pretty well resigned to having everyone manually enter every PIN Number from the whole group into their own devices. That is unless anyone out there has a suggestion on how to streamline the process. Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by fantus View Post
    hi again, thank you Kieranwest for your reply. I have another question about pin messaging. Is is very accurate? Is it possible to send a pin to the wrong person? many thanks.
    PIN messaging is very accurate as it lets you know if it actually got delivered or not...Unlike cross-carrier SMS messages which can be very unreliable. Yes it is possible to send the PIN to the wrong person as its like a phone number but specific to the device not carrier...As long as you enter the correct pin it cannot go to a different person although it can be intercepted at the BES level and logged.

Hi again. Thank you once again Kieranwest for your reply. Could you explain what you mean when you say"it can be intercepted at the BES level and logged?
    Many thanks.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    if you are on an enterprise server some of them are watching and logging what is typed in your conersations, i even heard some companies who have employees on the bes have blackberry messenger blocked completely
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

lldru32 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    hey thanks... didn't know it could do all of this stuff.

PIN/ID
    Thanks for covering me Jonny I've been pretty tied up, trust added

SweetStar067 no está en línea Stack level 1
    sweet that was super helpful!

ma19juice no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24254EA9
    Does this work on a BB8300?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSONPOINT View Post
    LOOK, DON'T HIT ME UP IF UR NOT FROM NYC OR A STATE CLOSE 2 IT. EXCLUDING KANSIS & THOSE DARK *** SOUTH STATES. I'm 24/F/NYC/BLACK. PLZ DO NOT HIT ME UP IF UR UNDER 23 & OVER 30. CUZ WE HAVE NOTHING 2 DISCUSS.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Please do not post in all caps - it violates Pinstack Rules. If you had selected the "enable private messaging" in your profile this notice would have been handled with a private message. Please review this from the Pinstack Rules:

ALL CAPS abuse - Do not post new threads or replies in all caps. Use caps to stress areas within the body of your post but all caps should NOT be used for thread titles. The Moderation Team will delete such threads or posts.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

The Boss no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    312B6F6D
    good info

Lyleez no está en línea Stack level 2

Just venting

I honestly don't mind the requests for friends and chatting when I have the time, but is it really necesary to be rude, obnoxious and my all time "favorite" the perv who apparently must think I am in need of "attention"because I accepted a request. Don't get me wrong , I can joke and have fun with the best of them, but those are for the truly privledged ha ha....(kidding) I have come across the stories ( I am not the only one) and of course can laugh it off .... but why take the time to chat - go thru all the questions and then because one doesn't get the answer he likes, then all of a sudden the names and all that come about. I honestly sit back and laugh and of course add fuel to the fire by adding to it ha ha I understand if you just don't have anything in common or cannot find that common ground it gets boring ... then by all means move on .... I can say since posting my pin, I have 5 friends and two of which are friends that I see daily. Don't get me wrong, I would much rather have a few and enjoy the conversation then a list of people I know nothing about. I have come to just delete the names and move on. I really do enjoy the BB mess ... there are those times when your bored at work or just can't sleep and its cool to chat ....I really am just venting here, I am a big girl and can easily fend for myself and maybe my sarcastic remarks and comments don't help the situation but when I come across that person who can just make me laugh then that one is a keeper .... I will say this I have come across some very cool people .... and I do enjoy coming to the stacks ....was just in one of those moods and wanted to vent .... don't mind me ... and was not here to offend ....

LinkBacks (?)