Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's just sickening what people would do to get a good deal on "Black Friday". ... Networking with PinStackers forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

"Wal-Mart employee trampled to death"

Advertisement

It's just sickening what people would do to get a good deal on "Black Friday". I was very saddened when I heard this from my girlfriend yesterday. These people ought to be ashamed of themselves for acting like animals. This goes to show you what's more important nowadays. Material objects over the life of a human being. Follow link here http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/bu...c7c&ei=5087%0A

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    WOW! I think they need to stop the BlackFriday shopping at WalMart...it's always Walmart, every freaking year---I love Wallyworld as much as the next person, but shoot, not that much!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    more than that - what is the the rush for? a gift? for Christmas? and Christmas is all about? and the reason we give gifts?

Just seems like the whole meaning of Christmas has gotten lost. People, literally, kill each other, run people over, and most of the time forget the whole reason that we have this "Holiday" each year.

David

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I agree. Christmas is supposed to be about Christ-not giving gifts to one another. But the powers that be (retailers) have managed to turn it in to a payday-is it worth it?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by wyy183 View Post
    more than that - what is the the rush for? a gift? for Christmas? and Christmas is all about? and the reason we give gifts?

Just seems like the whole meaning of Christmas has gotten lost. People, literally, kill each other, run people over, and most of the time forget the whole reason that we have this "Holiday" each year.

David

I agree with you. People no longer know what the meaning of it is and use it as a mere excuse to buy more unnecessary things for them to brag about no matter what the consequences are. It is sickening but that's the world we currently live in.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    As I wandered through one of the local stores yesterday at 5AM, I can pretty confidently say that few of these "rushing" folks (not to be confused with Russian folks) were purchasing self-serving items. For example, I would guess I saw... 200 flat screen tv's (VERY large I might add) in carts ALL over the store. I highly doubt many adults are there buying 50 inch plazma TV's for gifts (even for the most spoiled of children).

I went to buy a Samsung 10mp camera for a friend ($69!!). Waited in a line at the camera counter for about 45 minutes. Ridiculous!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    We have lots of Wal-Mart's here where I live. I can't think of ANYTHING that was inside those doors that was so important that a man had to be trampled to death to get to it. I can almost guarantee that the people who did this, thought nothing of it when they made it up to the register to purchase their oh-so-important item, and EMS & police are there loading up a man AND a woman who was also trampled and miscarried.

It is absolutely amazing what our nation has become and how hard people fight for these materialistic things. Not only is there little meaning anymore to "Christmas", what it stands for, how the holiday came to be, and what we should truly be celebrating.

Instead, it is becoming a "Holiday" since you can no longer say "Christmas" because it is offensive to others and retailers are following suit and no longer use the word. We strive to be so politically correct that we remove our values and long-time traditions that built this country just because we might offend an Atheist or someone who isn't even from this country that doesn't celebrate "Christmas" or the God that we worship.

These types of events happen every year and while they make news, nothing changes. It is sickening and the concern for my children growing up in this world increases ten fold everyday.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my fellow "Stackers" and may God bless you and your family.

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    We have lots of Wal-Mart's here where I live. I can't think of ANYTHING that was inside those doors that was so important that a man had to be trampled to death to get to it. I can almost guarantee that the people who did this, thought nothing of it when they made it up to the register to purchase their oh-so-important item, and EMS & police are there loading up a man AND a woman who was also trampled and miscarried.

It is absolutely amazing what our nation has become and how hard people fight for these materialistic things. Not only is there little meaning anymore to "Christmas", what it stands for, how the holiday came to be, and what we should truly be celebrating.

Instead, it is becoming a "Holiday" since you can no longer say "Christmas" because it is offensive to others and retailers are following suit and no longer use the word. We strive to be so politically correct that we remove our values and long-time traditions that built this country just because we might offend an Atheist or someone who isn't even from this country that doesn't celebrate "Christmas" or the God that we worship.

These types of events happen every year and while they make news, nothing changes. It is sickening and the concern for my children growing up in this world increases ten fold everyday.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my fellow "Stackers" and may God bless you and your family.
    I wholeheartedly agree... Well said, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    It is just a tragic state of affairs we all live in today when people will finish shopping before following Police orders or filing a police report when they are injured. I am not surprised by the lack of security at the location having worked for Wal-Mart before and knowing about their choices when it comes to spending money. I feel sorry for the family of the gentleman that was trampled.

Zo

lacroixn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    27FFB707
    I second the sentiments! But let's attempt to change this also. Reach out to those around us . Family, friends, work etc.. Instead of the getting lets go back to the giving!
    Dont sweat the small stuff, hell dont sweat anything!

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not to break the direction this thread is going in with the reason for christmas but I thought our economy was on the brink, so where did all those people come up with the money to shop on black friday if america is struggling to make morgage & auto payments....Is somebody misleading us about the economy? LOL My heart goes out to the families of the victims. I hate hearing about death due to greed...

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah when I saw this I was disgusted. People are like cattle. And stupid like them too. All this for a material possession for 40% off. Sickening. Roll back the security cameras find every person that trampled over that poor person and charge all of them.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by grymtyrant@msn. View Post
    Roll back the security cameras find every person that trampled over that poor person and charge all of them.
    I did just get through reading that they are searching for the individuals involved in this to charge them with this employee's death. This employee was also just a temp hired for seasonal employment.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Damn people. One reason the world hates us.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    I did just get through reading that they are searching for the individuals involved in this to charge them with this employee's death. This employee was also just a temp hired for seasonal employment.
    Yes, he was... Very sad indeed. Not to mention the people kept on shopping as if nothing had occurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast