I bought my new Pearl yesterday, an upgrade from the 7105t, and I absolutely LOVE ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Post Voice Dialing problem with my new Pearl - solved

Advertisement

I bought my new Pearl yesterday, an upgrade from the 7105t, and I absolutely LOVE IT. After 10 years of Blackberry thumbwheels, I never thought I could handle not having it. I was over the thumbwheel in 3 minutes.

One Problem that took me a day to solve with no one in the t-mobile store even able to help me was with voice dialing. I couldnt make voice dialing work by name for any entry in my address book, but after hours of trying suddenly realized that voice dialing by name worked for a new entry that I had put into my address book, after I activated the Pearl. It didn't work for ANY of the addresses that I had transferred from my 7105t.

THE SOLUTION: Which I discovered by trial and error, is to open the old addresses from the 7105t in EDIT mode. After that, merely SAVE it again and voila, voice dialing works fine for that entry.

I'm assuming that this is a bug as it is quite a pain to have to open hundreds of address book enntries in edit mode and then save them again, but so far this is the only solution that I have discovered.

After you do this fix, voice dialing by name works virtually 100% of the time...awesome!

Jim

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Voice Dialing problem with my new Pearl - solved

jopfer, Welcome to PinStack

And a big thanks for the information.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

dino8700 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204B6E9E

VERY helpfull info thanks! I pulled my hair out with that problem for 2 hours and was ready to give up - then of course turned to pinstack which i should have done first,

Also - I noticed the case T-Mobile is selling with the flip magnet closure for the 8100 lacks the sleeper magnet in the bottom of the pouch, and since the trackball presses against the pouch when stored it will press keys, even worse if the keyboard is locked pressing the trackball gives you 2 options call 911 or unlock so becarefull. The solution is to let the magnet that closes the pouch put the 8100 in sleep mode so just insert it upside down.

ramonk no está en línea Stack level 1

Just a quick solution to your problem-- you can force VR to re-read all your contacts by doing the following:

1. Go to Menu -> Options -> Language
    2. Change languages to UK English
    3. Save
    4. Go to Localisation (which is UK English for Language)
    5. Switch back to US English
    6. Save

The next time you press the VR button, all contacts will be re-read and they will all be voice activated...