Hello all, can anyone tell me if Vodafone UK supports PIN messaging being a newbie ... Networking with PinStackers forum

digitalcop no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2050ABBB

Vodafone and PIN

Advertisement

Hello all, can anyone tell me if Vodafone UK supports PIN messaging being a newbie I have no idea how this works on a network. If this is a stupid question I will apologise now !

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Dont apologize for any questions you may have.

All BB's can do pin messaging, but only if you have a data plan. Do you have a data plan?

PIN/ID
    2050ABBB
    Not that I am aware of, I have a set number of minutes and text messages, the minutes can count as internet time if that is the same thing? the guy in the shop never mentioned anything about a data plan.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    digitalcop,

Somewhere amoung all the indications at the top of your home screen is an indicator of how you are connected to the network The options are GSM, gprs, GPRS, edge, EDGE or Data Connection Refused. Which do you see on your Pearl.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    2050ABBB
    Data connection refused!! I think I am going to have to subscribe to an additional service,, I will get in touch with Vodafone and see what they say.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up

Hello, Welcome to Pinstack!! Read this > If you are an existing Vodafone customer, you can contact us by calling 191* from your Vodafone phone.

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatc...pageID=AV_0058

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    Hello digitalcop, your BB access and data bundle charge should cost about Ł15 per month on top of your voice charge. A BB peculiarity is that unless you have the add-on data package, you will have voice and text only, with no wap, even if you are pre-pay or PAYG. I'm with o2 and they have just upped the size of my mailbox from 10mb to 100mb without charge. Do ask Voda about the size of the box they give you. If you have any more than a small amount of browsing and email usage, you might end up getting GPRS charges in addition. Also, depending on where you got your pearl, it may be unlocked (try a friend's SIM). If so, and there is no pressing reasom to be with voda, I would recommend either o2 or T Mobile. Both will be cheaper than Voda, with o2 giving better service at higher cost and T mobile being cheaper but with less good service. Personally, I can recommend O2. They have a Data Support team staffed by tekkies who know about BBs. Hope this is helpful.

conor

PIN/ID
    2050ABBB
    Thanks for all your help, I have spoken to voda and they have activated it for me for Ł10 incl vat which I thought was reasonable.