[FONT=Times New Roman] I switched over from a Treo and love this phone (the Pearl), ... Networking with PinStackers forum

plugzz no está en línea Stack level 1

Video Playback Sucks

Advertisement

[FONT=Times New Roman]I switched over from a Treo and love this phone (the Pearl), but what I think sucks about this phone is the video playback It plays MP3s without problems and displays pictures beautifully, but video playback in the "supported formats" is iffy at best. I have loaded several formatted videos that, according the Blackberry's web site, the Pearl should support...mpeg4, .mov, etc. and it just doesn't. Everyone talks about how to code video and download all of these programs to convert, yadayadayda...the whole freaking point is that I should be able to just drag and drop video and have it play in the formats that this phone supposedly supports. What's the use if I have to go through the time and bother of converting existing video and downloading new software on my computer, etc....I feel like Blackberry sold us a bill of goods here...does anyone know if they provided a software update to fix this?[/FONT]

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Video Playback Sucks

Welcome to pinstack. You may need to convert the videos to a better format to be happy with the playback.

Check here... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ng_8100_a.html

Also there are similar threads above your post that may help.

plugzz no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah, I saw that thread, but I am totally floored why Pearl owners are not up in arms about this. The Blackberry website says that it supports these files. The whole point is that I want to drag and drop my videos...not go through the time and trouble of reformatting videos that the phone is supposed to support.

Thanks for the link, but I think I'll just return the damn phone...such a shame too considering how great it is...minus this problem.

tbaccam no está en línea Stack level 1

thats what i'm saying! if anyone have a fix for this please let me know also - thanks

krazed14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E18D0B
    Well you have to remember its still a phone... But there is a program that is simple to use... All you do is click a file and it converts it easily... Its from seabyrd technologies... Just go to seabyrdtech.com or search "seabyrd" because that adress sometimes doesn't work... Its free and simple and converts the video into the right codec for the pearl and plays flawlessly on the player...

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Thanks Krazed, maybe now I can finally put some movies on my phone!!!!!

norcalreina1307 no está en línea Stack level 1

do you know if any other bb is having the same problem? say the curve or 8800?

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Why wouldn't you want to fit the resolution perfectly to your phone? Because you don't know how? You can always...uh..read! I guess that is prety hard though, take the phone back and do without

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

yup, seabyrd is da shizzle...