Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jfcooley

I'm proud. Or as mom would say, "Pleased as punch" (still trying to figure it ... Networking with PinStackers forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Off topic and completly safe:My sons team tied for championship.

Advertisement

I'm proud. Or as mom would say, "Pleased as punch" (still trying to figure it out...how can punch....nevermind)

Anyway, after a 1 and 3 start my sons football team (Steelers) tied for the championship tonight and are headed for playoffs!
    He even got a little more playing time. He's the smallest kid on the team, but his Rudy-like attitude gets him in there.

Go Steelers!
    RogerG and Delfim like this.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Congratulations to your son! That is awesome.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Way to go. Smallest in the team ? They're usually the toughest !

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Congrats JF. It's good to see kids succeed, good for their self esteem.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Awesome Jay! So are you gonna be shirtless with half your body painted black the other half in gold for the big game?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Awesome Jay! So are you gonna be shirtless with half your body painted black the other half in gold for the big game?
    Not that brave or that cruel to those around me.
    I am proud of him and his team. He made every practice and never gave up. He doesn't beg to get put in and doesn't mind running water out during a time out.

We haven't been able to make every game, and missed the 2 he played in other than special teams. It was nice to see him get in there last night. He lined up across from a boy that was easily 25 pounds bigger, but he didn't back down. Even took on 2 blockers on one play.

Not too proud of the score, 30-6. Kinda felt bad for the other boys getting trounced like that. Our coach didn't try to run it up, but 2 big runs late scored. The team they played would have had the championship to themselves had they won. They were the Redskins, so maybe that explains it.

He came up after the game with a big smile. "Did you see Daddy, he put me in."
    I had to fight tears as bent down and told him how proud of him I was.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well Done!!

Pleased as Punch (used to use the expression as well possibly from the Punch and Judy puppet shows?)
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2