Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

as a ex sidekick user what does the blackberries offer that is new?? mainly when ... Networking with PinStackers forum

bbcurve5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20887fee

Thumbs up to the users that know the Blackberries well( i came from the "other side")

Advertisement

as a ex sidekick user what does the blackberries offer that is new?? mainly when i had my sidekick all i did was text and use the sidekick's b+ browser which was kinda good. now that I have left the kicks alone for good I bought a BBcurve. 5 days has went by and i'm kinda wondering. would you say that you want get much out of blackberries unless you are the business type that has to use microsoft word and check emails all the time??? to me the browser is kinda a let down. coming from the sidekicks. it seems like I'm downing the BB but no!! so why did i come to this world??? well after trying the g1 i didnt have the patience for tmobile to fix the bugs and since it was a new 3g phone it wouldnt work when roaming under at&t for now untill they fix it.... so my only choice that offers a decent web browser and fast texting was the BB curve. to sum all that up, would you say the blackberry phones are mainly for business people and not for casual people?

PIN/ID
    20887fee

Thumbs up

aw man i space that out in 3 paragraphs but they put it all into one big one... the question is at the bottom if you don't want to read the blabla story.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    To answer the main question in the last paragraph: Maybe @ one time, but since the release of newer devices and OS, it looks like the BB has become more relaxed and user-friendly. esp, w/the release of the Storm.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I am a very casual user and my curve is the most common since device I have ever owned. I only use the browser to search and log on to Pinstack anything else I do from my laptop or Desktop so the browser isn't a big deal. I actually don't have a lot of issues with it even if I did use it more. So I would say no it is for anyone who wants a reliable device. Not just for business people.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I am a business person as well as a casual user and the blackberry offers the best of both worlds. even if you not a business person you will still find a lot of valuable tools in the blackberry devices that ,personally, after having them, would not live with out.

the password keeper for instance, tasks, memopad, a voice recorder, BBM messenger is just COOL!, I like the camera never had one before so it's kinda nice but not used to often by me, and so on...

anyway I think you made the right choice with your curve and I think that if you sit there and play with it you'll come to the same conclusion
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Me, WM6...not Koool!!!! So many updates, sooooo much time/soooo much $$$$$! I do not miss my old life.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    BBs are multipurpose and can be used for either business or pleasure depending on the owner. There is a ton of BB apps/software to verify this from the top exec to the soccer mom or pimpled faced teen BB covers all demographics.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    I am a business person as well as a casual user and the blackberry offers the best of both worlds. even if you not a business person you will still find a lot of valuable tools in the blackberry devices that ,personally, after having them, would not live with out.

the password keeper for instance, tasks, memopad, a voice recorder, BBM messenger is just COOL!, I like the camera never had one before so it's kinda nice but not used to often by me, and so on...

anyway I think you made the right choice with your curve and I think that if you sit there and play with it you'll come to the same conclusion

Well stated!

PIN/ID
    20887fee
    *smiles at the respones

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcurve5 View Post
    *smiles at the respones
    Smiles to poster!

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Well stated!
    thanks

I will also say though,
    that while I firmly believe that BB's are the best devices out there, not everyone can share that same point of view, and I totally understand that.

It's the best phone to me because it does exactly what I need for it to do not everyone would like to have 4 or 5 different E-mail address running to their phone but I'm telling you I run my personal life and my business life off of this thing, it has saved me many a time.

but it may not be the phone for everyone, I know alot of people who were alot happier with the iphone or the G1 of what have you. so really it's the right phone for you if you think it is. I hope that you do enjoy it, it is a SWEET phone!

maybe try your hand a theme building! fun and very phone interactive. then you can REALLY see how versatile this phone is

enjoy!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm a student and I thought the BB was also a waste or money at first and then I learned the convience of it it keeps me organised for school I'm able to use my time better a lot of my teachers communicate a lot through email so I'm able to utilize the email push for all my email accounts, I have my etrade account on my phone I'm also able to view all my accounts for my credit card as well as my actualy bank accounts, BB are here to make your life easier and make your time use more effective

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I think it depends on your needs.

The BlackBerry is perfect for me, because I use it mainly for business. However, if your main goal is to surf the web, maybe an iPhone is a better choice for you. If you do a lot of texting, you will have to decide what is more important, the web experience or the convience of a full keyboard.

Because the virtual keyboard on the iPhone just sucks.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I used to be a sidekick guy. Hardcore. I have a few sitting in my closet, including a Dwade. I even sold two LRG sk3s. I thought the SK3 was the best phone EVER.. until I got my first Curve. There is nothing a sidekick can do that a Curve can't, besides SCHWING of the screen.

I love it because it's reliable. It does what it's supposed to do, no surprises.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I am both a business and casual user. I have a Curve for personal stuff and a BOLD for business, as well as a 7100i for use on the Telus Mike network. As Soon as Telus gets around to it I will also have a Storm....

Now.... As for browsing.... The Bold is much better than the Curve. But for real browsing, nothing beats the old PC/MAC....

I had a sidekick for ten minutes once. After I got my first BB and went to town on the qwerty keyboard there was no turning back. I never went into withdrawl if I left my sidekick at home... Life is miserable if I leave either of my BB's behind.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast