Going to usher in '09 with a resolution to lay off those cigarettes? Patches, lozenges, ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Thinking Of Quitting Smoking?

Advertisement

Going to usher in '09 with a resolution to lay off those cigarettes? Patches, lozenges, and gum DO work. And I can't recommend enough the following site.
    It lists:
    *The number of cigs you would've smoked had you not quit.
    *Number of hours and days you've added to your life since quitting.
    *Amount of money you've saved by not smoking.
    And it networks you with those who've also recently quit smoking.
    All the best to you and yours in '09
    www.quitnet.com

mrstaccs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303683c8
    Just remember, quitters never win and winners never quit. So if anything, say you're gonna stop smoking. It works out better that way. Also be be prepared to start eating more. Lastly, I think I heard somewhere that a lot of citrus helps too. But good luck and hope it goes well for you for the new year. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 12-29-2008 at 06:51 PM.

mrstaccs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303683c8
    No problem. I know how you feel though. I did quit for a while cuz of a ex gf but becuz of all the stress she had put me through I started up again. 8 years later I find out now she smokes too. I feel like I was cheated back then. But it does have its moments when its tough and you feel like you need a smoke, but if you really wanna do it, you will make it through. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

calyx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e17df5
    Yep quitting myself as of January 2nd, been set in stone for some time now that I quit once I hit the big three-oh. Middle age is setting in, gotta start planning ahead not just financially but also health-wise.

Should save a ton of money considering smokes are about $9 a pack here in NYC. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

deezndc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3034d119
    9 bucks....I thought I had it bad at 4 in NOVA!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Yep quitting myself as of January 2nd, been set in stone for some time now that I quit once I hit the big three-oh. Middle age is setting in, gotta start planning ahead not just financially but also health-wise.

Should save a ton of money considering smokes are about $9 a pack here in NYC. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    $9 a pack? No way! How can you afford that? Seven dollars of it must be to keep that city afloat. I'd never ever live there. Hey, at any rate, when you register at QuitNet, it'll tell you every visit the huge amount of money you've saved! Very best wishes for a successful Quit

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I quit smoking over 20 years ago, when I quit I was smoking 3 packs a day, Cartons were around 20 bucks a pop which I realize is nothing now. I am a firm believer that unless you are secure in your mind that this is what needs to happen, then you will probably not succeed. I used nothing, no patches, candy, gum, or any other crutches just me knowing that it was going to kill me eventually.

One of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life. I surely am not saying its not easy to give in, but make sure you are solid in your mind and stick with it. Trust me it will be well worth your effort.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color