Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Been keeping a track of the issues - and running diagnostics. It seems that their ... Networking with PinStackers forum

curtisjames no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: T-mobile London and the south east issues

Advertisement

Been keeping a track of the issues - and running diagnostics.

It seems that their is a major issue with connection to Blackberry's servers. My connection seems to switch on and off randomly - even though I have full GPRS.

Starting Time Stamp: June 08, 2007 9:48 PM
    Ending Time Stamp: June 08, 2007 9:49 PM
    PIN: 205382f3
    MSISDN: 00447867804353
    Device Type: BlackBerry 8100
    Application Version: v4.2.0.51
    Platform Version: 2.2.0.32
    Service Books: IPPP,PROVISIONING,IPPP,BrowserConfig,WAPPushConfig ,WAP,WPTCP,MMS,YHO,BBIMConfig,BrowserConfig,Browse rConfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,IPPP,BrowserCo nfig,BBIM,KEYNEGO,CMIME,CMIME,CMIME,CMIME,CMIME,CM IME,CICAL,CICAL,CICAL,CICAL,CICAL,CICAL
    Free File Space: 10041972 bytes
    Radio Data Activation: Yes
    Singal Level: -95 dBm
    Radio Access: GPRS
    Network: T-Mobile UK
    IP Address: 10.179.61.114
    ICMP Ping Echo: No
    BlackBerry Registration: No
    Connected to BlackBerry: No
    BlackBerry PIN Email: No
    Server Name: GBISXEUC00S08

BBHewee no está en línea Stack level 2

I've done the exact same thing as you did when it began, and even forwarded my findings to T-Mobile. And I wouldn't be surprised if we all came to the same conclusion.

Just had a call from mark Pickett at T-Mobile.

He ran through some tests with me, and has asked me to enable debug logs on my phone. you can access this from the main screen by holding alt and pressing lglg.

He told me that Blackberry are saying there are no issues as far as they are concerned, and that they have been asked to get as much data as possible from users having the problems. T-Mobiles engineers are also saying that their are no issues with the netork.

It seems that after re-setting the phone, you are able to send 2 emails/pins - after that, the connection to blackberry servers drops out - Mark said he had 4 people people that he was dealing with, but was unsure on how many others there were.

It seems they are taking the issue seriously, as mark told me they had a conference call with Blackberry people in Germany on Friday.

I asked what t Mobile would be offereing customers in the way of compensation, and he told me that there would be nothing offered, apart from the portion of the bill that is connected with blackberry, so for me that would be Ł10. So far, I have racked up about 5 hours on the phone to T Mobile and lost many more hours of productivity due to lack of access to important emails to my business.

I will be taking my business elsewhere if this isn't sorted within a few days.

My system seems to do better today, although I still have problems sending emails out at times, much like you do. I also have lost numerous hours trying to get this fixed, and I'm terribly frustrated.

Just had another call from Mark, mainly to tell me that if I wanted to take my business elsewhere, I would have to pay a termination fee up till end of contract period which is in November, as the main features of my service (phone and text) are still working.

Funny how a few years ago email was the only service on a blackberry, and now it is'nt deemed as the primary feature. Despite the email part only being a fraction of my overall bill, it is the most important feature to me, and the only reason I have a Blackberry with T-Mobile.

Makes me wonder how we all would have been treated if Blackberry had gone bust - we would probably all be told that the main features still worked. LOL

Anyway, Mark also said that he was going to call Blackberry this afternoon and would get back to me when he had found out more.

webcash no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2523669d

It does seem to be deteriorating in as much as they are not making any progress whatsoever.I am currently using my windows mobile phone as i cant really risk my phone turning itself off and then missing those calls or texts.That is another angle to go with as a phone switching itself off is not just the blackberry part

Lightbulb Re: T-mobile London and the south east issues

Just got this from t-mobile:

To give you an update, I’ve got a conference call arrange with RIM this afternoon, and have a unit that has the problem you’re having. We’re running a few tests on it this afternoon during this call, and I should have more information by then on a fix and a timescale.

I’ll let you know as soon as the conference takes place.

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

I 've had similar but not identical problems. Sor far, things are improved after getting t-mobile to dlete my BIS account and then i recreated it from scratch. A pain, but seems to have helped...

Thumbs down Re: T-mobile London and the south east issues

Another update, although nothing seems to have been fixed:

I’ve been on a call this morning where we done numerous tests with a device affected by the problems. I had a network engineer on the call from RIM who was able to do some tracing and tracking of what was happening from the device and at the network side.

They’re escalating this onto the core network guys to look at router/firewall configurations, and we’re also escalating it to our network guys for them to check the same.

I’m hoping they’ll find something within the next 24 hours that should help pin point the issue.

I’ll let you know as soon as I have something back from them.

PIN/ID
    2523669d

Thats excellent news Curtis i think because i spent over an hour with t -mobile yesterday and the guy basically said im really sorry mate but i dont know where else to go for here other than logging the fact you are stilll having problems

You have given me hope

Peter

mrklunk no está en línea Stack level 1

Update from Polar Wastelands!

Guys,

Thank god some of you more technically minded folk are getting stuck into them on this. Myself and partner are still having exact same problems and have been nipping at TMobile every couple of days but they do seem stumped. A colleague in the office with a Vodafone BB has no problems, but it does look like only certian handsets effected.

So frustrating as I was over the moon with my Tmob BB and the messenger facility. Lets hope the techy boys 'pride' in problem solving will out!?

Thanks again for your persisitence.

Gary & Maggie (Aberdeen)

Had another call from Mark at T Mobile at around 5pm today.

He told me he had had 3 conference calls with Blackberry over the last 2 days, and they felt they were getting closer to working out the problem.

So, I go into a 3rd week of not being able to send emails or BB messages.

Mark told me around 100 t mobile users were affected by this issue.

He also said that it seems the issue is connected with the sim card and user profiles on the system.

I have also been onto T Mobile customer relations to ask them to supply me with another phone and sim, just so I can use the blackberry service. I doubt they will do this though, I'm guessing all I will get is my blackberry charge dropped for the period I have been without service. Not a penny for the over 6 hours I have been on the phone trying to sort the problem out or the lost productivity.

Mark actually asked me if I wouldn't mind coming in on the conference call with Blackberry on Monday, and I said I would, if they paid me my standard hourly rate - he laughed and said no.

At least they're trying to do something. I've been traveling to Turkey this week, and since my laptop is also acting up, the lack of BB service consistency has made it a royal pain.

PIN/ID
    2523669d

Curtis if they need someone to go on the conferance call then send them in my direction.I dont care about hourly rates i just want this resolved and if i can help them in anyway to do that then who cares about being paid

Peter

hi webcash,

I was only joking with the hourly rate thing - the main reason I can't do it is that I'm in a meeting at 11 on Monday, which is when he said he would be the call.

pm me your number and I will email it to my contact at t mobile.

curtis

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast