I just purchased a replacement new blackberry 8220 (in the original packaging) from GSMmonsters.com that ... Networking with PinStackers forum

amymalk no está en línea Stack level 1

Question T-mobile Blackberry 8220 not recognizing T-mobile Sim Card

Advertisement

I just purchased a replacement new blackberry 8220 (in the original packaging) from GSMmonsters.com that was labeled "unlocked" and for t-mobile
    It will not recognize the t-mobile sim card-- when I turn the phone on T-mobile symbol comes up and wants to start the start up wizard but does not recognize the card. The sim card works fine in my old samsung t-mobile phone.

This replacement is the exact phone I had before for 9 months but unfortantely drowned. I thought it would be easy if I just replaced the exact phone. Help-- any ideas?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I would send it back if you just got it. The phone should recognize the sim card immediately on power up (radio power that is) whether it is a T-Mobile sim, at&t sim, O2 sim, etc.... The fact it doesn't see the sim and you have verified that the sim is working in your other phone leads to a sim reader failure. I wouldn't go through the headache of getting it fixed when you just bought it.

Zo

amymalk no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks for your reply-- I know I put the sim card in properly, I double checked the photos online and I have done it numerous times before with my old blackberry so I guess it's the phone, ugh--

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Heres a thread where I have pictures of the right way to insert the sim. Check it out. You'll need to scroll down to my post. Maybe it is inserted wrong. http://forums.pinstack.com/f257/help...5/#post1164865