I do not have a BB. I would like to get a Pearl but T-Mobile ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Rich Skalma no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Suffering From Pearl Envy

Advertisement

I do not have a BB. I would like to get a Pearl but T-Mobile service will not work at my home or in my office.

I would like to buy an unlocked Pearl and use it with my current service (Nextel) with which I have good reception at both home and office. Can this be done? ...anyone?

Thanks

ernestdefoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218D1F76

Re: Suffering From Pearl Envy

No this can't be done. T-Mobile uses GSM and Nextel used iDen soon to be CDMA or something like that. Two different technologies so no it will not work. Best bet would be to buy an unlocked one if T-Mobile doesn't work there. Have you actually called a T-Mobile store and have them do a Personal Coverage Check? If still a no go get an unlocked one and switch to (can't believe I am saying this) Cingular as they are GSM as well. Or just wait till Cingular starts selling their version.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Rich, Welcome to PinStack.

As ernest said, your best bet at this time would be Cingular, if TMO doesn't have the coverage you need. You might try going with TMO and the Pearl and if it doesn't work for you, return it within the No Charge trial period.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

klopez412 no está en línea Stack level 1

well you cant get an unlock pearl and use it with nextel because nextel is a IDEN based network and the pearl is not a IDEN base phone. to quote off of your post i have pearlenvy big time and i have nextel as well so sad but true