Any good or bad experiences with streaming net radio (not simply music subscriptions) on your ... Networking with PinStackers forum

lindawittsell no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Streaming net radio on Blackberry

Advertisement

Any good or bad experiences with streaming net radio (not simply music subscriptions) on your blackberry please share here!!!!

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    The biggest worry will be the quality - if you have a 3G connection, or use WiFi, then most of the time the quality is very decent. I personally use EDGE and it works fine, but it has the odd hiccup where it has to re-buffer the stream.
    For streaming, you'll need a program that supports. There are LOTS of them, from Pandora and Radio Bee, to other ones like Nobex Radio Companion and Flycast. I personally use Nobex RC a lot and find the quality very good, but depending on the station as I do experience hiccups with some, others none. Same goes with FlyCast.

Can't really say much more then that, other then my suggestion to you is pick and choose wisely and test each program out, find out which suits your needs the best. It'll take a lot of trial and error, but worth it in the end. I personally recommend FlyCast and Nobex RC as I use them and they've treated me well.

Good luck.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

khmertsunami no está en línea Stack level 2
    You can be like me and have pandora, slacker, and iheart I like the whole slacker cache station thing so my music comes in better without much hiccups. Uhm pandora works great on my pearl. It doesn't slow down my phone at all and streams almost perfectly. Then there is iheart. Currently using it to listen to one of my favorite sports stations and some playoff coverage. Hope any of this helps

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    my experiences... hmm...

1. slacker - doesnt work in pakistan
    2. pandora - doesnt work in pakistan
    3. iheart - doesnt have real channels... on edge, quality pretty decent, occasional buffering silence...
    4. nobex - plays most of my houston, TX channels... on edge, rare buffer silence...
    i see RED...

pixelsht no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31ccf6eb
    Quote Originally Posted by lindawittsell View Post
    Any good or bad experiences with streaming net radio (not simply music subscriptions) on your blackberry please share here!!!!
    I use slacker and pandora. I'm with sprint in ms.
    I only use pandora in 3g coverage(Otherwise it rebuffers too much).
    Slacker works flawlessly for me even in mediocre coverage.

adils no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    my experiences... hmm...

1. slacker - doesnt work in pakistan
    2. pandora - doesnt work in pakistan
    3. iheart - doesnt have real channels... on edge, quality pretty decent, occasional buffering silence...
    4. nobex - plays most of my houston, TX channels... on edge, rare buffer silence...
    Great !! You can help me, am sure. Tell me what to download in radio categories, as am placed in Pakistan too..
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)