Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have finally decided to quit smoking. My doctor gave me Chantix, has anyone taken ... Networking with PinStackers forum

blondee028 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F0E835

Stopping smoking question

Advertisement

I have finally decided to quit smoking. My doctor gave me Chantix, has anyone taken it , if so did it work?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    i dont know about chantix but i just wanted to say...CONGRATS!!!
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Me too (Congrats!) and stay with it. I quite a long time ago cold turkey (after many years) - you can do it and it's well worth the effort!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I quit cold turkey about 3 years ago after smoking for close to 5. Just woke up one morning, flushed the remaining cigs and never picked one up again.

Not sure what motivated me, but it was totally worth it. It's hard now to believe that I actually smoked -- anytime I go into a smoky restaurant I'm reminded of how bad it smells! Funny -- I used to not be able to smell it or be bothered by it.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my ex took it and it didn't work for him but I don't think he was mentally ready to quit. He's also on some anti-depressants and the two don't seem to mix very well. I hope you have better luck with it!!

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Good luck with it. I just had my 2 year anniversary. Its hard but if you want it, you can do it. I still want one from time to time, but i dont crave them anymore.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5
    Never heard of Chantix before. Been smoking since 1990 (whoa..it's been 18 years already ) and had tried to quit but my will power is too damn weak. Congrats to those who've quit the bad habit. I'm waiting for the time when I can say no to smoking but can't seemed to figure out when.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    It took me 5 minutes to start smoking and 32 to quit.

Tried all the gimmicks, none of which worked. One day I looked at my son and just had the urge to be around to look at his kids.

Cold-Turkey isn't easy by any means, but at least you aren't replacing the addiction with a crutch. The motivation factor way outweighs the affects of any of the quitting aids.

Good luck!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    Congrats! You can do it!
    I quit cold turkey 3 months ago after 7 years of smoking. Tracking my progress is what really helped me. I used an application on my Windows Mobile phone (here) and on my Facebook account (just search for Smoking or something). Every time I craved a smoke, i'd look at my progress, and it would help me get through the craving.
    Keep it up! Feel free to add me to BB Messenger if you need some moral support!
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

rok8man no está en línea Stack level 3
    A lot of people from my work have been using Chantix and I would say 90 percent of the people that took it have stopped smoking. I also had a friend who got hypnotherapy three years ago and hasnt smoked since. Good luck on your endeavor to stop smoking. I know its very hard thing to quit.

Director447 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Good Luck Blondee028, That Chantix works really well, my nephew just quit, with that. My Wife just quit after several bouts of Bronchitis,and coughing her lungs out,she finally gave it up after the last bout. So hang in there it's tough, but you can do it. Good Luck ,Director447

weee96 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm proud of you for quitting, I quit 4 years ago and my body thanks me daily. I had the most success with nicorette, but everything is worth a try. Good luck and PIN me if you ever need helpful words

blondee028 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F0E835
    dtx thank you. I might need all the help I can get!

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    Congrats on quitting. I've been on Chantix for almost 3 months now. I'm doing really well. All of my friends smoke so every once in a while I'll take a drag off of one of theirs and it just isn't like it used to be. Taste funny, queasy feeling, and the Chantix blocks the receptors in the brain that allow any true pleasure, so I just don't crave one anymore.
    My doctor said I can take it for up to 6 months, so I am going to. I've been smoking for ........... 20 years, so I figure I'll need the full 6 months worth.
    Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!! It's a big step. PM me if you ever want support from someone who's in the same boat.
    Lis
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Stick with it I smoked for 18 years and quit cold turkey. Its defineately a mental game and you need to be ready to quit. Congrats, pin me anytime for support. You won't believe the change it will make in your life and health.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast