I had a little accident at work with my phone and now I am ... Networking with PinStackers forum
Reinstalling OS n6 on Blackberry Toarch 9800
I had a little accident at work with my phone and now I am not able to switch it on. Whenever I try to switch it on I get an error 507 asking me to reinstall the software but I cannot seem to be able to do this using the CD that came with the phone or the desktop manager as the device cannot be seen by the DM.
I would appreciate any help .
Kasonde...sorry to hear about your issues.....first download BBSAK and then follow these steps:
1 Ensure that you have the OS 6 version you wish installed on your PC.
2. Install BBSAK.
3. Once installed, open BBSAK from the desktop icon.
4. Turn on your torch if you havent already done so (wait until it boots up if you hadnt...)
5. Attach to your pc via usb cable
6. If your torch's pin # doesnt show on the BBSAK mask, click connect on the BBSAK options.
7. Once your PIN is showing, click WIPE DEVICE (it will tell you when it is done and your device will reboot.)
8. Once it is rebooted, choose LOAD OS and choose the OS from the drop down if provided
9. The loader will begin doing its job (and BBSAK will delete the vendor file automatically) just select the options you wish to install and
Good luck....let us know how it goes...
Thank you for the reply.
A few things.
1. My bb is not booting up. When its powered up, I immediately get the error message asking to reload software.
2. I installed the BBSAK and connected my phopne. Perhaps its because its not booting up, but the BBSAK could not see the device. I tried to click opn connect but nothing happened. The PIN was showing as DISCONNECTED.
Is there another way of going about this?
Be patient Kasonde....I just ran into the same problem loading a new torch from the 507 error. I went through the steps numerous times and then changed USB ports before it finally went as per the instructions..... keep trying. The Torch is a little particular and you need to pay attention when you first plug it in via usb to ensure you get the message that the drivers have installed correctly. If it tells you they havent, just unplug and wait for 15 seconds and try again....keep trying..it will work!